Honored Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean commercials----eeeeeeeew!

I think it's not good either, wonder if he had a son, and it's his voice they are using?  If not, it freaked me out when I heard it too.

Trusted Contributor

It is one thing to listen to music of a deceased person. Or to watch a movie with a deceased person. But to use a deceased person's voice and make it sound as if he/she is talking to me, yes, that is creepy.

As for the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials. I avoid watching them if possible. For a company that he started and bears his name I find the commercials disrespectful to the man.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch commercials. I have seen the beginning of this one but have no feelings about it one way or another. I just don't care about commercials. Especially getting upset about them. That is just how I feel, my opinion only.

Esteemed Contributor

Well as your board name is " Gone but not Forgotten."

Valued Contributor

Happy to find you post.  I began to think I was the only person who thought it was odd that someone dead for so long would be advertising his breakfast products.  

Honored Contributor

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

He was great in Rebel Without a Cause. Had no idea he ever got into sausages.

that is james dean versus jimmy dean. two different people.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

by the way, this is not anything new......

marilyn monroe for dior

marlene dietrich for dior

grace kelly for dior

audrey hepburn for galaxy chocolate

bruce lee for johnny walker

fred astaire for dirt devil

humphrey bogart for diet coke

louis armstrong for diet coke

gene kelly diet coke

john wayne for coors

there are so many more......PLUS the singers who make music videos with those who are dead and actors who have been added into movies using CGI.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

It is one thing to listen to music of a deceased person. Or to watch a movie with a deceased person. But to use a deceased person's voice and make it sound as if he/she is talking to me, yes, that is creepy.

As for the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials. I avoid watching them if possible. For a company that he started and bears his name I find the commercials disrespectful to the man.

Agree.  These commercials are creepy because they make it sound like he is still alive!  They've been airing in my area forever it seems.  I'm surprised some of you have either neither seen them or just recently have seen them.  

Trusted Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

Happy to find you post.  I began to think I was the only person who thought it was odd that someone dead for so long would be advertising his breakfast products.  

My sentiments exactly!  lol!  I thought I was the only one, too, who find these commercials ridiculous.  That company needs a new marketing team.