Trusted Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean commercials----eeeeeeeew!

@Spurt - Totally agree - especially after he sold the company & he said that they didn't want him to be their spokesman anymore as he was too old.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also find it a bit creepy.,..the first time I saw it I actually froze, because I knew he'd been dead a long time!

To me it gives the impression that the products haven't changed at all in quality or ingredients since Jimmy founded the company.  Whether or not that's true...?   His company is owned by Tyeson now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

@GoneButNotForgotten   Nope, not weird to me..  Have you not watched movies that feature and actor/actress that's dead????   Good grief.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, especially the one that starts out "I wish I could tell you"  !!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

@GoneButNotForgotten  No creepier than movies with dead actors. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Unless you are a person of a certain age, very few young folk have even heard of Jimmy Dean, and couldn't care less that 'ol  J.D. is dead and gone and has been for quite awhile.

The commercial doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I figure using his voice is a tribute to him.

It's no different than watching a movie or tv show that has a deceased actor in it, or listening to music of  someone who has passed away.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find "Quacker Factory by Jeanne Bice" creepy.  Like she is in heaven merrily designing away.  I don't think so.  I also get weary of hearing how she wanted to wear jeans so she invented a new fabric.  It's no wonder customers leave in droves.  These stories get very old.  I no longer watch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really. My Daddy knew Jimmy Dean (not close friends, but they hung out in honky tonks) and I have a picture of them together (I do believe they are drunk in the photo but happy). I've noticed that they have another set of commercials using a female voice instead of Jimmy Deans'.

I've seen a few commercials using old footage of the Colonel (black and white) when he was traveling across the South advertising his chain and the chicken/food he sold. 

Considering commercials use all sorts of music by dead artists as well as their voices, I don't see the issue with Jimmy Dean. Btw, LOVE JD sage sausage!

Edited for spelling.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find "Quacker Factory by Jeanne Bice" creepy.  Like she is in heaven merrily designing away.  I don't think so.  I also get weary of hearing how she wanted to wear jeans so she invented a new fabric.  It's no wonder customers leave in drives.  These stories get very old.  I no longer watch.

@Kachina624   How do you know that ' customers leave in drives'?????   do tell.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB    From the complaints I've read in the boards in the recent past and the fact that QF has been delegated to Q2, I'd say sales are slipping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment