Respected Contributor

Re: Jimmy Dean commercials----eeeeeeeew!

But the commercial worked. You are talking about the product. Anything for a sale.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Does anyone think these are creepy and weird? He'sbeen dead for TEN YEARS!!  And yet they're using the voice of a dead man to sell to sell stuff!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! 

---------------------------------------------------

@GoneButNotForgotten 

But - he was alive when his voice was recorded.  Generally - dead men don't speak.    Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

it doesnt bother me at all.

it is no more creepy than watching old movies/tv shows where all of the stars are no longer alive.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Yes, I find it extremely creepy.  Two weeks ago I sent an email to my BFF aboout the same thing that commercials are using his voice for his products.  Come on.  Let the man rest in peace and come up with something else.  They do have an advertising team.  OMG!

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

No.  Not creepy.  What about singers that have passed on and they are still playing their songs?

Honored Contributor

At least we know what the  commercial is trying to  bring to our attention.  So Many commercials leave me wondering what they are selling.

Anyone see that one with an overweight lady dancing in her underwear eating from a carton?  Between watching the woman jiggling all over the place and hearing the loud music and the fast graphics that come up at the end, I had idea what that was about.

Turns out it's a commercial for some brand of ice cream that I never heard of and still don't know the name of.  All remember is the half naked lady dancing.

I prefer Jimmy Dean.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I have seen the commercials, but I wouldn't be creeped out by his voice in it.  He sold sausage products in his commercials back when he was alive, why not use his voice n commercials today?  

Now, the KFC commercials are creepy because they use fake Colonels in them.  Apparently they are different actors each time, including women,  as I saw a Millionare question asking which one of these actors haven't been the Colonel in a KFC commercial or something along those lines.  It's more like they are making fun of him, not a tribute.

And if you really want creepy, they're running those Folgers ads again where the woman pulls the shower curtain aside to find her Father-in-Law soaping up with a bunch of people in there with him.   Now, that's creepy.  I certainly don't see how they think that will sell coffee.  I don't even drink coffee.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 Um, wrong. I have never and will never purchase any of those products.

Respected Contributor

Doesn't bother me.  I still like listening to bands when their singer is no longer alive too.  INXS, Queen, MIchael Jackson, George Michael, George Jones, etc.....

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

No.  Not creepy.  What about singers that have passed on and they are still playing their songs?

@rms1954 

Playing a song recorded by someone thats deceased is totally different than a person that's dead saying things like  "Isn't this a beautiful morning, can't ask for a better sunrise than that and going on and on like that person is having a current conversation....(very different than lyrics to a song) this is more like they are speaking from BEYOND THE GRAVE thats CREEPY............

Headstone on Emojipedia 13.0

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”