Honored Contributor

Re: Jim Carrey's GF Commits Suicide

She did what she felt she had to do. No one is to blame because of how she felt at the time she made this decision.  She had inner demons that no one saw.  She knew they were there but never knew how to deal with them.  I've lost friends to suicide because we never saw the signs either.  Pain is pain and some can't or won't handle that pain.  I hope she is out of her pain now.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Such a lovely female.  Sad to hear.  Jim isn't exactly the most mentally stable guy to be around.  He will miss her.

How do you know that to be true?    Do you know Jim Carrey personally?      

Respected Contributor

That's terrible. I'm so sorry that happened to her.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

What a beautiful young woman.  It is so sad.

People often don't understand how bad depression can be.

I have felt that way, so I do understand.  Thank God most people don't ever have to feel it.

My heart goes out to her family.

Hyacinth   Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

excellent post preds....I know all too well the pain one feels ...luckily my attempt failed.I thank God everyday that I am still here...my Grandbabies are all that keeps me keeping on...

Respected Contributor

Suicide  The permanent solution for a temporary problem

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

excellent post preds....I know all too well the pain one feels ...luckily my attempt failed.I thank God everyday that I am still here...my Grandbabies are all that keeps me keeping on...

{hugs}  I'm glad you're still here to enjoy your grandbabies, too, fourpaws56!

Depression (especially chronic) can really beat one down...

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Such a lovely female.  Sad to hear.  Jim isn't exactly the most mentally stable guy to be around.  He will miss her.

How do you know that to be true?    Do you know Jim Carrey personally?      

Several of his ex's have said so, Lauren Holly for one.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

May she RIP.    

I can't imagine feeling so hopeless that the only hope would be to end it all.   

Honored Contributor

I've been thinking about this since yesterday and since I read this thread.  I'll try to keep it as short as I can, but some things got in my craw.  Smiley Happy

I can totally, in spades, understand that some people don't understand how she felt.  What is troubling is the harsh judgment of some toward her - or anybody who just can't do it anymore.

Anybody who knows me will know that I 'get' it completely.   I hear 'that is so selfish' and 'what about so-and-so, etc'.  I've heard it a million times.

So, you go on living for everybody else - for years and decades.  On and on you go through, in profound pain and despondency, just so you won't hurt somebody ELSE.

I'll tell you about selfish - selfish is thinking it's about all those other people and wanting to force somebody to go on for everybody else.  It's ALWAYS about everybody else and never about you.

Well, at some point and sometimes, it finally ends up having to be about you for the first time, and not about everybody else.  You feel like you cannot go on another minute - ANOTHER SECOND - and you take yourself out of your misery, for once thinking about your own self.  For ONCE.

Anyway, that's what I get and I really do understand that there are so many people who for whatever reason - they've never felt that way in a profound way, or they are taught what to think/feel/say/judge about others, or for whatever reason.    That's understandable.  But the harsh judgment and name-calling is NOT.   It's selfish.

Probably not many will read this.  There was no way to keep it short i guess.  But it's JMNSHO, FWIW.  Smiley Happy