Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jim Carey, Really?

[ Edited ]

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

But I have seen several posters here that are starting and inflaming thread after thread on this vaccine subject, and bullying anyone who disagrees or questions the processes and procedures, or rights of people over their own bodies. 

Oh, yes, now the dreaded "B" word has been inserted---the last bastion of those who have no cogent argument. It was bound to happen.........

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hilarious, isn't it ?

But then I'd be too embarrassed to blame bullies for my ignorance.

Regular Contributor
I like Jim Carey! He was homeless, and went through so much in his life before he achieved success on Living Color - and than later movies. He is also is a good Father, and donates a lot of money to the homeless. I don't agree with his position on this particular issue - but - he is a good person.
Super Contributor

What does this mean? What's the "B" word?

I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Honored Contributor
I think she meant calling other posters a "bully".
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:
Funny how everyone is so focused on this small issue.

Millions upon MILLIONS of children, seniors & adults around the world will be inflicted and/or die due to complications of heart disease, stroke & diabetes......but nary a word about changing diet and/or lifestyle.

A large % of children we're inoculating today for measles will GREATLY suffer the effects of diabetes, cholesterol...and have heart problems in their 20-30's. Our focus should be on childhood obesity that affects millions....not relatively few cases of measles.

I've heard this saying by many in the health community:

"This is the first generation where the parents will outlive their children'. They're not talking about measles.

While childhood obesity is a concern, I was under the impression were were discussing communicable disease and the ability to control and protect the general population with available vaccines.

Being in the same room with a child who might be borderline obese is not a danger to anyone but him/herself.  And I do believe with the enlightenment on the public forum, parents are becoming more aware of the benefits of proper nutrition for their children.

Apples/oranges!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Regular Contributor
Amen!
Trusted Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

But I have seen several posters here that are starting and inflaming thread after thread on this vaccine subject, and bullying anyone who disagrees or questions the processes and procedures, or rights of people over their own bodies. 

Oh, yes, now the dreaded "B" word has been inserted---the last bastion of those who have no cogent argument. It was bound to happen.........

EXACTLY!

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hilarious, isn't it ?

Then just what do you blame it on?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hilarious, isn't it ?

What do I blame it on, mominohio and esmerelda who hearted your reply ?

I'd say it's people who confuse someone who has a differing opinion as being a personal "attack."

I don't know if it's immaturity,  just being insecure, thin-skinned or having some type of personality disorder.

Calling someone a bully because they simply disagree that so-and-so is a great actor or something else equally innocuous  is not a definition of bullying.  And that happens here a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Maxine49 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Hilarious, isn't it ?

What do I blame it on, mominohio and esmerelda who hearted your reply ?

I'd say it's people who confuse someone who has a differing opinion as being a personal "attack."

I don't know if it's immaturity,  just being insecure, thin-skinned or having some type of personality disorder.

Calling someone a bully because they simply disagree that so-and-so is a great actor or something else equally innocuous  is not a definition of bullying.  And that happens here a lot.

I'd say that pretty much sums up yourself and the others here that start the name calling, the mocking and the taunting every time someone disagrees with them. You all know who you are, and so do the rest of us.