Honored Contributor

Jim Cantore Arrives in Tampa

You know it's not good when Jim Cantore comes to town. 

1681072A-3658-4C9C-B063-6D8F208B2E39.jpeg

460CF9EE-26A4-49D0-ADC4-A39C945ADBDF.jpeg

Seriously - I'm praying for my fellow posters here who are in the path of the storm.

My good friend has a home in Naples. He lives there part time, and they had already brought all of the furniture in when they left Labor Day. I talked to him this morning. I'm glad he's back north right now.

Stay safe everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Jim Cantore Arrives in Tampa

Jim Cantore will probably strap himself to a pole somewhere and broadcast from there. I like watching him and the other Weather Channel people when there is a major weather event. They get so animated and almost giddy while tracking hurricanes! 

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Jim Cantore will probably strap himself to a pole somewhere and broadcast from there. I like watching him and the other Weather Channel people when there is a major weather event. They get so animated and almost giddy while tracking hurricanes! 

they are total weather geeks! Love to watch Jim!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry Tampa.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trailrun23 

I call them the  " Evil Knievi of Huricanes "  . l  Some of those weather people need to say inside as it's ridiclous  watching sand blow in their eyes or waiting for them to be knocked down by wind gusts.

I am one who does watch tracking a Hurricane, guess it's because I've had to evacuate  from a beach vacation  a  time or two  because of a Hurricane.

Honored Contributor

we have friends all over florida and my daughters in laws live in ruskin. at! this point, they are staying put.

prayers for all in the area and hoping you are all safe.

we are due for some possible heavy rains from the remnants of the hurricane in the maryland area over the weekend, but nothing like what you all will be experiencing. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

When I lived in the northeast, if we started seeing the Weather Channel trucks we hoped JC was not among the people.

Honored Contributor

Glad it's him and not me LOL

Honored Contributor

I think all the weather channel guys and gals are great.

I follow them on Instagram too. Enjoyable to watch.

Honored Contributor

•