Regular Contributor

Re: Jill's Facebook page..her Act 2

Jill has not retired, she left QVC. She has several things in mind and is discovering what her niche may be. 

She did bring with her many of her fans. She has been busy with her children all summer and enjoying her summer. No need to worry

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I don't think Jill feels a need to be relevant.  There is life after retirement and she seems to be enjoying herself.  She had the time and freedom to do whatever she wants whenever she wants.  I feel she is at peace and is enjoying her life.  Good for her! 

Then why the new social media?

Why is she asking what people want to see?

@alarmclock 

marketing strategy for the future......whatever that may be.

if there is a next step then she is preparing for it.

a lot easier to do it now than to do it when it is officially happening.

she had a lot of followers on her qvc page and she doesnt want to lose them.

public social media pages are a way to keep in touch and free advertising for later.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

evidently there are many people who still "care."

she has over 70K people who like her page and 78K who follow her.

she will be doing a cooking demonstration later this week with her friend the "blue jean chef" later this week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Geez louise, the woman just left about 2 months ago.  Did you all think she was going to leave Q and go right into another career?

Jill said she had planned on enjoying the summer, seeing all of Trevor's games from beginning to end, spending time at their beach house and spending time with Kylie since this may be her last summer home.  

From what Jill has posted, she has accomplished just that.  She was able to attend Trevor's games and didn't have to leave or arrive late because of work.  As a family they were able to take Kylie back to college and she has been at their beach house.  

I don't look for Jill to do anything until the first of the year, if that soon.   

Honored Contributor

Geez, if you find her social media pages boring -- move on!

It's like some people expected her to sell out Madison Square Garden.

Making videos isn't physically taxing--it's not like she has to peddle a bike real fast to keep a water wheel going to power up the camera.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Geez, if you find her social media pages boring -- move on!

It's like some people expected her to sell out Madison Square Garden.

Making videos isn't physically taxing--it's not like she has to peddle a bike real fast to keep a water wheel going to power up the camera.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Geez louise, the woman just left about 2 months ago.  Did you all think she was going to leave Q and go right into another career?

Jill said she had planned on enjoying the summer, seeing all of Trevor's games from beginning to end, spending time at their beach house and spending time with Kylie since this may be her last summer home.  

From what Jill has posted, she has accomplished just that.  She was able to attend Trevor's games and didn't have to leave or arrive late because of work.  As a family they were able to take Kylie back to college and she has been at their beach house.  

I don't look for Jill to do anything until the first of the year, if that soon.   

I don't think she'll ever be tied to a schedule again.  That's a grind.  It sounds as if she's doing exactly what she wants to do when she wants to do it.

Good for her!

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45

Thanks for that tip about the "blue jean chef." I really miss seeing Meredith on qvc. The "in the kitchen" people are all new now. They're all very pleasant but just not as professional as Meredith. I guess they just need some time. Sorry I went off topic.🤷‍♀️
Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I don't know what she's doing, but some people just want to give the impression that they're living a fabulous, busy life -- that every day is full of new and exciting activities, and non-stop adventures.

Which is what most of the people on FB do as far as I can tell. 

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj 

???   Jill WHO ?