Valued Contributor

Re: Jill's Facebook page..her Act 2

@fthunt wrote:

@MaryLamb why does she NEED her Master's Degree?  50 years old - financially secure - owns big home plus beautiful beach house = doesn't make sense to me.

(perhaps Jill has that degree, I have no idea).

@fthunt This is like asking why anyone would want to read a book they weren’t required to, or visit another country, because they could watch the Travel Channel. Some people actually enjoy activities like going to school to learn new things just to enrich their life, and not to yield some kind of financial result. 

Respected Contributor

i think she's  enjoying the summer off, no more no less.

Respected Contributor

Shes lost me. I have already moved on and forgotten about her. I wish her retirement well but frankly dont need to follow updates of childrens baseball games and books she is reading

Respected Contributor

Until this thread I had forgotten she left.  When hosts leave out of sight, out of mind no matter how good they are.  

Honored Contributor

I was in a store the other day and a gentleman in his 80s was getting his masters degree.

He wants to teach college courses.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure that Jaqui G., Sharon F., or Jill B. left to plan a second act. Perhaps they chose to no longer work and just enjoy life with their families. There is certainly nothing wrong with that. Life is short. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I didn't follow her before she left and haven't followed her since. One does have to wonder what all the hoopla was about regarding her 'next' act if, indeed, there isn't going to be one... Maybe she changed her mind or maybe she realized it isn't as easy to create and maintain a 'following' as she might have thought it would be... I wish her well, why would I not... but I don't miss her...

@stevieb 

While I agree with your comments and also do wish her well, and I dont miss her being a "butinski" on Valerie's shows, BUT I did come to appreciate how well prepared she was regarding the products she presented....such a vast difference from some of the hosts now , especially a couple of the newer ones, that only seem to prepare their "family stories" for their shows and I cant grab my remote fast enough and my viewing time for QVC seems to be less and less and less these days...🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I didn't follow her before she left and haven't followed her since. One does have to wonder what all the hoopla was about regarding her 'next' act if, indeed, there isn't going to be one... Maybe she changed her mind or maybe she realized it isn't as easy to create and maintain a 'following' as she might have thought it would be... I wish her well, why would I not... but I don't miss her...

@stevieb 

While I agree with your comments and also do wish her well, and I dont miss her being a "butinski" on Valerie's shows, BUT I did come to appreciate how well prepared she was regarding the products she presented....such a vast difference from some of the hosts now , especially a couple of the newer ones, that only seem to prepare their "family stories" for their shows and I cant grab my remote fast enough and my viewing time for QVC seems to be less and less and less these days...🙄

@Spurt  As you know, I never cared for her. I can agree she was thorough but, like all the others, her goal was to sell and as I've said many times before, she could gild the lily with the best of them... Her technique was perhaps less glaring than most of the newbies and I can understand where that might be appreciated. As it is, I haven't been a regular viewer now for years, so host behaviors good, bad or indifferent, are of little consequence to me... Simply put, I no longer watch the programming, rarely shop here, and when I do it's almost exclusively via the website.... Related, I always found Jill's self-congratulatory demeanor, among other things, off putting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb 

@Spurt  As you know, I never cared for her. I can agree she was thorough but, like all the others, her goal was to sell and as I've said many times before, she could gild the lily with the best of them... Her technique was perhaps less glaring than most of the newbies and I can understand where that might be appreciated. As it is, I haven't been a regular viewer now for years, so host behaviors good, bad or indifferent, are of little consequence to me... Simply put, I no longer watch the programming, rarely shop here, and when I do it's almost exclusively via the website.... Related, I always found Jill's self-congratulatory demeanor, among other things, off putting...

@stevieb 

Yes, I was put off when her presentation style became self congratulatory and a bit condescending, ...But since you no longer watch....as the saying goes...just when you thought it couldnt get worse....theres only a couple shows and vendors I watch anymore.....but I do flip channels and take a peek now and then....and usually move on......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt

I completely agree with you. She was a "butinski" on Valerie's shows.👎But she was always very well prepared.👍

Btw, I liked the "butinski" comment.😂