Trusted Contributor

Re: Jill's Facebook page..her Act 2

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I still can't grasp this argument that Jill was dishonest. 

She's doing exactly what she said she was going to do:  spend more time with family (and she obviously is enjoying that a great deal) and establish new social media pages, which she has also done and appears happy doing.

She was completely honest and forthcoming.

She was as honest as she could be.

Not exactly the same thing.

Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

She owes no one an explanation for why she left or what she's doing.

She's spending time with family and working on things that she loves. 

Saying she's a liar is a stretch...

Never said she owed anyone a thing but everyone that goes public has to be very careful about what they put out there.  Even just being out there with no business attached to anything is a lot to do.  I thought Jill was over the hassle.

Honored Contributor

The good news is, she doesn't have to wake up to an ALARM CLOCK.  (They can be soooo annoying).....

She doesn't have to answer to a boss, go to meetings, sit in makeup, present dozens, if not hundreds of items each week.

She can post from her home, blog from her home, film from her home. 

The kids aren't in a playpen being ignored.  They have lives, they come and go, have friends over.  I'm sure they aren't eating Marie Calender frozen meals at dinner and wearing dirty underwear because Jill has a FB account.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I don't know what she's doing, but some people just want to give the impression that they're living a fabulous, busy life -- that every day is full of new and exciting activities, and non-stop adventures.

@Daisy Sunflower   Gosh you described my life to a T!  Fab and busy busy busy!😄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@srgtdj 

???   Jill WHO ?

You really don't know that this thread is about Jill Bauer, a QVC host that left a couple of months ago?

@Bri369 

Sorry, but I didn't even know Jill left.   It was a fair question.   

(I can't even remember when I last watched QVC regularly.)

Esteemed Contributor

How is it possible to have not known Jill left, especially as a regular forum visitor?  You didn't need to be a Q viewer.

Even a casual reader of the boards would have seen the dozens of threads about it.

At least, I think they would.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

How is it possible to have not known Jill left, especially as a regular forum visitor?  You didn't need to be a Q viewer.

Even a casual reader of the boards would have seen the dozens of threads about it.

At least, I think they would.

@Johnnyeager 

Actually, no.   I come on the boards now and then and have never been a host "fan".   Plus, too many threads about hosts seem rather catty, IMO.  (The nasty Lisa R comments still come to mind)

Jill did the best silver shows ... I would record those and watch later.   She was an excellent host.  JMO

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I'm not sure that Jaqui G., Sharon F., or Jill B. left to plan a second act. Perhaps they chose to no longer work and just enjoy life with their families. There is certainly nothing wrong with that. Life is short. 

How can anyone in their 50s retire in this economy. My younger friends are working well into their 60s and 70s because they HAVE TO !!   Salaries have not kept pace with inlfation and 90 percent of the country is struggling. These QVC hosts are so out of touch with middle America.

@Reever you seem to be bothered by many of QVC's hosts (former in this case) wealth/financial decisions. Just because none of your friends have been able to retire in their 50s doesn't mean it isn't possible. Jill worked for QVC many years and made really good money. Also, her husband still works. Your younger firends no doubt didn't make the money Jill has made so you cannot compare them to her.