Honored Contributor

Re: Jill can't go one show without the Dooney & Bourke scolding.

On 4/24/2014 Suzie said:

LOL LynneuK! Thanks for such a good laugh this afternoon- {#emotions_dlg.lol} Don't tell Jill but I get my D&B's from Macy's. My husband got one for me for our anniversary. Last D&B I got from the Q, I swore I'd never buy another from them- the quality wasn't the same as others I've gotten from retail. Please oh please don't jump on me for saying that.

In my experience, they're the same.

A year ago Christmas, my husband got one for me from Nordstrom's that I'd said I liked. He got it home and my daughter showed him various scratches, etc. He was so upset, but she told him I'd seen in on Q so he did one of those two day delivery orders. He showed me both of them on Christmas day. Exactly the same quality, but the one from Nordies was beat up while the one from QVC was in pristine condition.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 Lynneuk said:

So basically she is saying if you are stupid enough to be paying $400 for a bag then you should be stupid enough to buy this overpriced c r a p too! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Lynne, you weren't on yesterday, I had a post for you.

Let me see if I can re-up it.

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 4/24/2014 Suzie said:

LOL LynneuK! Thanks for such a good laugh this afternoon- {#emotions_dlg.lol} Don't tell Jill but I get my D&B's from Macy's. My husband got one for me for our anniversary. Last D&B I got from the Q, I swore I'd never buy another from them- the quality wasn't the same as others I've gotten from retail. Please oh please don't jump on me for saying that.

A year ago Christmas, my husband got one for me from Nordstrom's that I'd said I liked. He got it home and my daughter showed him various scratches, etc. He was so upset, but she told him I'd seen in on Q so he did one of those two day delivery orders. He showed me both of them on Christmas day. Exactly the same quality, but the one from Nordies was beat up while the one from QVC was in pristine condition.

That's weird we both had opposite reviews about our D&B's. The one I got from the Q was bulky, stiff and seemed like a second product- hope that makes sense. I haven't seen any at Macy's with scratches and the construction was different from the one I got from the Q. I have 3 D&B's and have been very happy with them- Coach has great smaller bags.. they aren't bulky like their larger ones.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 Suzie said:

That's weird we both had opposite reviews about our D&B's. The one I got from the Q was bulky, stiff and seemed like a second product- hope that makes sense. I haven't seen any at Macy's with scratches and the construction was different from the one I got from the Q. I have 3 D&B's and have been very happy with them- Coach has great smaller bags.. they aren't bulky like their larger ones.

Some are definitely too heavy for me, too. In fact, that included the one I just mentioned. It was that popular one where the top kind of folds over and has a red zipper. I wanted it in their large size, but when I got it, it was really too heavy.

But the one from Nordies was exactly the same, including the same weight, so both went back and I got another Dooney from Q.

Honored Contributor

Noel, this is the one he got for our anniversary- hope OP doesn't mind that I am posting this pic.. took the shoulder strap and had extra holes put in so I can crossbody and it won't hang to my knees, LOL good size and holds everything.. I chose the black.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I think her point was that there are women who will spend high dollars on handbags but then complain about spending money on face creams. She's actually used this pitch quite a few times and it always bothers someone.

It's all a matter of what is important to you or what you are willing to spend money on. I will blow money like I have a tree in the backyard on some things and then balk at spending money on some other things.

Respected Contributor

On 4/24/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I think her point was that there are women who will spend high dollars on handbags but then complain about spending money on face creams. She's actually used this pitch quite a few times and it always bothers someone.

It's all a matter of what is important to you or what you are willing to spend money on. I will blow money like I have a tree in the backyard on some things and then balk at spending money on some other things.

Dooney bags last forever. Spending $100 - $200 and over for outrageously priced face creams that don't work but seem to have a cult following from the 30 and 40 year old's who post the reviews.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't really considered what she says as scolding. Its just a sales pitch. Jill is a very direct person so I take that into account. She does give details and good information and I've always liked her as a sales person. Off topic, I love her hair style on her.

My MIL agrees with her about what one spends on their skin or face so what Jill said is true in many instances. She has a lot of money and yet, she will buy Susan Graver clothing because she feels its very good quality and reasonably priced and why spend thousands on designer duds? She won't spend a lot of money on handbags either, she buys D&B and thinks its insane to buy Gucci, Ferragamo, Chanel, etc. But, I've seen her spend a lot of money on skincare items. Granted, she has beautiful skin but I was floored when I saw the price she paid for one serum and its tested on animals too!! Its all relative and she feels that everyone sees her face every day and she spends a lot of money to keep it looking good.

Honored Contributor

Early on, I heard her say: "….you'd pay that much for a Donney, so to I!". So I don't see that as "scolding". More of a comparison sort of sales pitch.

Respected Contributor

She's too preachy for my liking - use my remote.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown