Esteemed Contributor

Verbal anonymous attacks on Facebook are really more of a reflection of the true nature of the attacker, not the attackee. Jill knows that as do the rest of us. Let them reveal what nasty, ill mannered, pathetic excuses for human beings they are. Jill will rise above it.

Honored Contributor

@so so wrote:

I was reading her FB page the other day and there was some rude comments made by posters on her page.... I just cannot get over that people get enjoyment out of degrading others behind the keyboard.... she was gracious and just shook it off. But that is HER page and if the person does not like what she is doing or what not.....GET OFF. I like seeing what she is up too. shes enjoying life the way she wants to. Good for you Jill!!

Nicely stated @so so.  She treated the degenerates with grace.  The degenerates are miserable people who will never experience true happiness in life.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
It would be nice if someone could review the posts before they actually hit the page. That way people who want to post ugly might lose interest if they don’t see their words on her page, even if they’re deleted later. If they get up there, they know somebody’s going to see them before they are taken down.

She could set it up that way if she wanted to.  I know several very well-known people who have done that.

I haven't seen what people posted, but maybe she has no problem with it.  Maybe she's open to criticism, and understands that - as a public figure - people are going to have all kinds of opinions, and maybe she wants to see them all.   Anyone with a thin skin should not be on television, as I'm sure she's well aware.  And being a presence on social media invites all kinds of comments too.

What some people see as "ugly" posts might not bother her at all.  She's been around long enough to understand that it goes with the territory.  If any of this was an issue for her, she would make some changes.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can decide who can post on your FB page or not. She can delete their posts. Some people don't have anything better to do.

I think you are correct. I read that another former host actually turned off some posters/shoppers ability to comment. So yes it is possible.

Honored Contributor

The problem is, people just sign up with another name and start again.  At least on Instagram they do.

There are 2 current hosts that get horrible comments by a woman all the time.  You always know who it is and her comments often get deleted and she gets banned but she shows up again under a different name.  And it starts again.

I know on Instagram you can set up your page so comments cannot be left at all. I really think that's what some of the hosts should do. They don't respond or interact in any way anyhow.    

Honored Contributor

here is jills segment on the TODAY SHOW today if anyone is interested in checking it out. Smiley Happy

https://www.today.com/video/how-to-organize-your-refrigerator-70851653554?fbclid=IwAR2Bfg747zn854TqQ...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein