Honored Contributor

Some people are just mean on Facebook.  I don't get it, but it's their perogativ.  Luckily she can block them if she chooses.

Esteemed Contributor
I am not following Jill on Facebook, so I have no idea what rude comments people have made. Considering that your name is attached to your comment, you would think people would be embarrassed to post rude and negative things. I wish her the best. I only follow a few people I know personally to see what they are up to. Following someone I don’t know just seems like I am spending my time watching someone else live their life, and that does not sound like a good plan to me.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

The world is full of rude, attention-seeking people and many have found a good playground on public Facebook pages.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am not on Facebook and never intend to be.  I've heard there is so many mean comments.  I don't need to read that stuff.

Honored Contributor

Strangers on social media feel free to say rude things because they are not looking them in the face when they choose to be mean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer/Just Jill

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry to hear that she had to do this!

That said given the rude comments that have been posted and thankfully deleted on this site and have also been posted on other former hosts FB sites-I am not surprised that these same mean spirited people are finding their way to her page.

Trusted Contributor

@Daysdee 

Same here.  No interest.  Not only that, there's been lack of privacy issues  w/ Facebook & Google. 

From the beginning, I've never been interested in joining.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I am not on Facebook and never intend to be.  I've heard there is so many mean comments.  I don't need to read that stuff.

@Daysdee - people can be mean anywhere.  Facebook is also filled with tons of positive stories, pictures, news and comments.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

via facebook

Just Jill Bauer

It’s happening this Tuesday! What? My first appearance on the TODAY show!! When I left QVC, you all said you’d follow me and support me in my new adventures. I’m humbled by your support and belief in me. It lifts me when I’m in doubt. It inspires me when I’m down. You have no idea...truly you have NO idea. So as I get ready for my segment on Tuesday (in the Hoda and Jenna hour) I’m carrying every good wish, post, comment you’ve shared with me in my heart. Thank you sweet friends. I’m so lucky to have you in my world and I hope you’ll tune in and cheer me on! The picture for this post is of me this past summer at my alma mater, Missouri School of Journalism Mizzou where I had dreams as a young journalism student of being on the TODAY show. Dreams really do come true!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It’s a shame people feel the need to post such mean comments on her Facebook page. IMO some people post things on social media that they would never have the guts to say to your face. There have been & will always be people who don’t like you. 

My advice...

”They don’t have to like you, and you don’t have to care.” 

“Smile, your enemies hate it.”