Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer Getting Another Today Show Segment

@MandyG06 wrote:

There's something to admire about Jill quitting her day job to try something new. She seems excited about it, so who are we to rain on her parade? If the Today Show wants me to present a 5 minute segment on smelly socks, I'd do it in a heartbeat! #GOJILL!!

I totally agree.  After all those years as host, she must have been bored to tears and sick of selling stuff.  Change is never easy but Jill managed to use her skill set and years of experience to move into a new area and it appears she is succeeding.  She's appearing on a major network on the #1 (or maybe #2) morning show.  She must be happy and excited and I feel those things for her.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not watch the Today Show but I follow Jill on Instagram. She's seems so happy. I am sure the pressure on the Q must be difficult. I am guessing she is in a happy place now. Way to go Jill.  

Valued Contributor

I actually enjoyed her more on The Today Show than I did on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I like Jill & wish her continued success.  It's disappointing that she isn't picking the topics...that explains the outdated refrigerator organization segment. The show is missing out, they should give Jill creative control.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lynne6was7 wrote:

I listened to Jill's chat and heard no reference to Lisa Mason, by Jill or her assistant.  The entire chat was very upbeat.

@lynne6was7, I thought so too.  As soon as she said bye, I left so I thought maybe something happened after that. 

In fact, I had to laugh at the problems she had with the chat. First she was sideways, then upside down.  Then the dogs heavy breathing and licking.  LOL 

Yes, I guess you can always anticipate glitches when you're live.  I had to stop looking at the screen when she went sideways and then upside down at the beginning.  She was giving me vertigo.  LOL  And the one dog kept peeking through her arm.  "Mom, why aren't you paying attention to me?"

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm not surprised that Today wants her back.  She nailed that first segment.  She was excellent.  Easy going, warm, approachable and she gave some excellent tips.  I don't believe that Jill said anything rude about Lisa Mason.  You didn't hear it yourself so I don't know why you would bring it up.

LOL!, I thought the exact same thing....that is just so random.

Trusted Contributor

I thought she was terrific during the first segment, and she will hit a home run no matter what she does.  As for those people who wonder why these segments appear:  whether it's online, in a magazine or on TV, plenty of people ask for help around the house.  Not all have the time or inclination to research how to do things.

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

I actually enjoyed her more on The Today Show than I did on QVC.

So did I.  Less schoolmarm and more friendly neighbor.  I hope she does well with this new direction.

Frequent Contributor

All the the reason not to watch the Today Show.

Honored Contributor

I donate anything like small appliances in good working order to Goodwill.. even our local food pantry has an area for home goods..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee