Honored Contributor

Re: Jill B will appear on TODAY

[ Edited ]

Wow.  Can we say catty?

It's funny to me that some of those who claim not to like her, don't follow her and don't care what she is doing are the first ones making a comment and are on every thread about her.  

What national show have all of you been on?

No it's not the most exciting topic but everyone starts somewhere.

I will also bet that some of these same posters will be the first ones on their couch watching the show, will DVR it, will watch it on YouTube and will have plenty of comments about this "drab" segment.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

I always thought Jill was one of the best hosts the Q ever had.  That being said, I have no intention of watching her tell people how to organize their refrigerators.  I have said this before, once people leave the Q I'm over them.  I wish them a happy life, but I've moved on just as they have.

--------------------

My exact thoughts!!  Of all the topics Jill could present...organize a fridge???  Very weird....

Don't ever watch Today show, so will not be watching her segment. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill undoubtedly hopes to parlay this into becoming a modern day 'helpful household hints from Heloise' regular segment... Perhaps she will... Don't watch Today, and certainly won't tune in for this... Not a fan of Jill's, so this is of no interest to me... She must exude more warmth in person than she tended to on-air, where, to me, she seemed a bit 'chilly' most of the time; though for the last few years on QVC, she clearly was trying to display a slightly less strident and more friendly persona... Sorry, she just never did a thing for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

see her FB page for details. Good for Jill!

There is a thread in Q Talk that was started several days ago.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Wow.  Can we say catty?

It's funny to me that some of those who claim not to like her, don't follow her and don't care what she is doing are the first ones making a comment and are on every thread about her.  

What national show have all of you been on?

No it's not the most exciting topic but everyone starts somewhere.

I will also bet that some of these same posters will be the first ones on their couch watching the show, will DVR it, will watch it on YouTube and will have plenty of comments about this "drab" segment.   

Speaking purely for my 'catty' self @Lipstickdiva... I have no aspirations to be on a national show... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I find that most, if not all, segments on "organization" of any kind are dumb.  It is just common sense.  But if some need it, then so be it.  I won't be watching as I don't watch much of the Today show and never the 4th hour.  Seems that Jill did not retire after all. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I never heard that Jill was retiring.  Just that she was leaving QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

What will she be doing?

Are you ready... Discussing refrigerator organization... 

@stevieb 

What a topic.....Im sure she views it as an opportunity that can lead to bigger and better things....Just like it did for sportscaster Jill Martin who suddenly became a "fashion expert"..........

Now I dont know the style of refrigerator everyone has, but for the most part .....the different compartments and shelves pretty much dictate where everything goes anyway....unless its a case of micomanaging and filling it with all kinds of containers of different sizes and shapes and making the situation more difficult than it is or should be...Woman LOL   And if there's a family involved how is someone going to make sure everyone obeys all the organization rules.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

edited to remove my post.

Super Contributor

I don't think everyone had the same impression of Jill from her QVC days.  Yes she was always prepared and direct.  But she was very careful to keep the viewer at a nice distance from her personal life.  I don't say that as a criticism--it was her choice and to be respected.   But she did go above and beyond to make sure viewers followed her ":Just Jill" and that might seem self serving.  

Of course she wants a built in fan base to help carry her into her next gig. Thus the call for fridge videos.  She wants the Q viewer to help her transition into a new job.  She wants the Q vewer to see her a a friend now--even more than when she was on the Q  beacuse she needs the fan base.    If her next step is a segment on cleaning a fridge on the Today show--good for her.  Some will tune in to see a "friend" again.  Fridge organizing isn't exactly must-see tv and I don't think it would be a draw if she didn't have a set of fans to follow her.

So some see Jill as a dear friend.  Some see Jill as an entrprenaur.  Some see Jill as an opportunist.  And some see her as what she actually was--a salesperson selling stuff on tv for a very long time.  She created the illusion of a freidnship because that increased sales.  It's what sales people do.