Honored Contributor

Re: Jessica Simpson, A Disaster On QVC, Comes To HSN

@magicmoodz wrote:

I feel Jessica held her own next to Nicole Richie and John Varvatos on Fashion Star.  Her label is sold in the Bon Ton department stores and I find the quality good--I recently purchased a pair of her joggers. Her style leans toward bohemian  and fits well with my aesthetic.   

Hi magic.  I forgot about her clothing line.   I do like her coats and I should look for her joggers. 

I like her.  She seems very sweet. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I used to buy her shoes, but after I discovered Ivanka Trump pumps, I never looked back.

Ivanka's are much better made and more comfortable for me too.

FYI: I saw some of IT's shoes, bags and clothing in Marshalls this past  weekend on clearance. They may be available in your area as well.

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:
  • That 'disaster' at 150 million is laughing all of the way to the bank.  That being said.. She must have wise and savvy people running that mega-million business. 

I I think most of her shoes, as of late, look incredibly tacky.  I have a pair or two of her boots from seasons past and some ballet flats that I love.  The newer offerings look dreadful. 

DITTO!

Esteemed Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised years ago when I found Jessica Simpson's shoe line in Macy's.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@AliJoi5

I love a good looking shoe. I would wear these in a heartbeat.

Valued Contributor

Glad you like them too @icezeus!  I bought them a couple of years ago from Macy's, but I did some research and found that they're still being made in leather and patent (not sure about the suede).  So take a look around... you may find another color/medium you like if you're unable to find the cobalt suede.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I haven't read the whole thread; I have no idea who her customer is.  I think her stuff is cheap and poorly made although have to say her items are usually attractive whether she is selling shoes or handbags.  Did take a look once at her stuff and was not impressed whatsoever with the quality.  

Respected Contributor

They can call her any name they want, but the girl has figured out how to make a buck!!  Good for her!  I think she's cute and she's not totally without talent.....I wish she had devoted more time to her singing, but she seems like a happy person and she has darling kids.......I like her much better than the Kardashian clan........

Honored Contributor

I prefer to buy clothing lines by REAL designers, not celebrities cashing in on their name. These are usually a "flash in the pan" anyway, with a few exceptions-- like Joan Rivers, whose fashions will live on because of their timeless nature.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

I prefer to buy clothing lines by REAL designers, not celebrities cashing in on their name. These are usually a "flash in the pan" anyway, with a few exceptions-- like Joan Rivers, whose fashions will live on because of their timeless nature.

I wouldn't call Joan Rivers a 'real' designer.  She's a celebrity cashing in on her name, plain & simple.  She's smart to have tapped into what her market wants...and hasn't deviated from that formula...thus adding to the longevity of her product.

Outside these 4 walls we call a TV/computer, no one knows she even has a fashion line...and if they do, they joke since it's QVC.   There are many celebrities that have been successful with fashion lines and have stood the test of time, at least within this internet age.  I would guess most successful lines today are backed either a celebrity and/or socialite.  If one would research old lines, many...if not all...started with the designer being at the right place, at the right time....all without being 'classically' trained.