Re: Jessica Simpson, A Disaster On QVC, Comes To HSN

She should well with her line.

I wish her well !
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
She should well with her line.

I wish her well !

ITA!   It's a mighty big honor for HSN to have her.   Considering her fashion line net worth, I would guess there's never been a guest of this magnitude on either QVC/HSN.  

Wonder why she would go the route of telemarketing when her line is so successful within the B&M world...?

Honored Contributor

She's worth 150 million, but doesn't know her product line. She is a disaster on air! I thought she sold her body lotions on HSN at one time too? Her fashions on QVC.

Trusted Contributor

When she had her reality show on TV years ago with her now Ex husband  I can only remember the show where she had to go to the dentist for a root canal.  She said she NEVER Flosses and barely brushes.... really bad dental hygiene....I found that so disgusting  could not get that out of my mind.

Esteemed Contributor

She has had shoes, sunglasses, and other fashion items on HSN for a few years. I bought a pair of her suede and leather knee high boots at Zappos five or six years ago and they remain my favorite boots EVER even though I've added many other boots to my shoe stable.

I liked her on that fashion competition show that only lasted two seasons. Funny that she bombed on the Q, maybe she's gotten more comfortable with age. Hope so.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

She is a perfect example of what is wrong with celebrity "designers." If the line is bad to start with, she can't save it. She once had a cosmetic line in our local Walgreens, they totally missed the mark on colors, price and what have you. It was rapidly closed out. I'll watch once to see what the deal is.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

She's worth 150 million, but doesn't know her product line. She is a disaster on air! I thought she sold her body lotions on HSN at one time too? Her fashions on QVC.

Neither does Isaac Mizrahi, but that hasn't stopped him. He often gets the colors wrong and expresses surprise over details found on items from his own line. And I say all that having only occasionally seen him on air, so I can only imagine how often he does it when I'm not watching. 

Respected Contributor

i admit i own a couple pair of JS sandals. her shoes are cute!  i don't care for the plastic handbags though

maybe she'll succeed on HSN.  they have a younger fashion demographic and seem to move through the presentations quickly and have lots of choices. 

Honored Contributor

I never understood what the appeal was about her.  She cannot sing and now she is selling clothes!

kindness is strength