Honored Contributor

Re: Jessica Simpson, A Disaster On QVC, Comes To HSN

I remember her edible lotions and potions being sold on HSN and yes she was a disaster.  I don't personally remember her selling actualy clothing on QVC but I seem to recall a few handbags.

Yes she has had handbags and shoes on HSN.com for years although I've never seen them presented live on air.  HSN has tons of shoes on-line that they never show on air because they are partnered with an on-line only company like Shoebuy or Shoes.com.

I own some of her shoes and they are the most comfortable that I own.  I don't own any of her clothing because I've never seen it sold anywhere in my area but I seem to recall when I saw an article about her line and how successful it was that her clothing was a junior cut or just cut very skimpy.

I just remember being shocked at how successful her clothing line is and I also remember that she is very, very hands on with the line.  It's not just something she slaps her name on.    

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I never understood what the appeal was about her.  She cannot sing and now she is selling clothes!

DITTO. I don't know anyone who would wear the ugly shoes she's selling. They look really cheap and are way overpriced.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I remember her edible lotions and potions being sold on HSN and yes she was a disaster.  I don't personally remember her selling actualy clothing on QVC but I seem to recall a few handbags.

Yes she has had handbags and shoes on HSN.com for years although I've never seen them presented live on air.  HSN has tons of shoes on-line that they never show on air because they are partnered with an on-line only company like Shoebuy or Shoes.com.

I own some of her shoes and they are the most comfortable that I own.  I don't own any of her clothing because I've never seen it sold anywhere in my area but I seem to recall when I saw an article about her line and how successful it was that her clothing was a junior cut or just cut very skimpy.

I just remember being shocked at how successful her clothing line is and I also remember that she is very, very hands on with the line.  It's not just something she slaps her name on.    

Same here.  I've read that she is extremely hands on and she is extremely successful.  Good for her.  I also remember her on the q selling lotions - Patti Reilly was the host - it wass a gigglefest.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed she no longer has her name on the wig line she use to sell on QVC either....I think that these reality stars/ bad singers will pretty much sell anything to make a buck. She has done well, but, most of what's she  sells is made in China junk. 

Respected Contributor

Jessica Simpson and her brand is very, very successful. I recently saw her on the Today show where she said they were probably going to open Jessica Simpson stores. Maybe she hopes to add some exposure to her brand by appearing on HSN before they open B & M stores. 

She seems very sweet to me. I've never heard anyone speak bad about her as far as being difficult to work with or acting like a diva.  

So what, she's not a brain surgeon. 😃

Honored Contributor

If most of what she sold was junk, she wouldn't have recently celebrated her 10 year anniversary of her clothing and accessories line.  It might not be for you but that doesn't mean it's junk. 

Esteemed Contributor

Jessica Simpson is so wealthy she is on Forbes top 100.

It does not matter how she does.

Her product line is a phenom.

Respected Contributor

It just goes to show that a lot of celebs merely sign their name on their product lines and are not even that familiar with the merchandise.  Nothing wrong with that, but Jessica should have hired a vendor rep to present the merchandise like other celebs do.  I believe Lisa Rinna is personally involved with the items in her line, but a lot of celebs are not.

I've seen some of Jessica's merchandise and she has some really nice items.  I picked up a beautiful wallet at TJ Maxx from her line and I get a lot of compliments.  I've also seen some of her bags and clothing items and they're very appealing.  I think she's done very well and wish her luck on HSN.  

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

My sil has a pair of her shoes that are adorable - and she says they are really comfortable too.

Honored Contributor

While I am not a fan of hers, I wish her continued success. There is no doubt she is a successful business woman, regardless of how you feel about her or her "talent". I don't ever wish failure or bad things on people, even if I don't necessarly care for them.