Respected Contributor

Re: Jessa Duggar Seewald is pregnant

@muttmom wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

Who cares?  I can't believe this family is still trying to milk the system and has a show.  Their "fame" is long gone.

Bingo.

Family & friends care but I doubt they are posting here.

Evidently they must have the ratings to get a show on TLC.

Respected Contributor

Well, that's what the show is all about is having babies.  I turn the channel.

Super Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Well, that's what the show is all about is having babies.  I turn the channel.

That's all they know how to do.  There's eating, there's elimination and there's procreation -- the basics.  No need for brain power.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They needed another baby special.

running out of $

Honored Contributor

Not that I give a hoot about this family or their shows, but I think people here don't understand what 'milking the system' is.

These people have negotiated a contract to do work ( a reality show) and are being paid for it. Sponsors pay the network because they feel people tune in and watch (and therefor see their ads).  That is not milking the system, that is earning a living.

milking the system is when someone abuses or cheats the system (often connected to welfare, disability, pension) committing fraud to steal money or benefits that they aren't entitled to or more than they are entitled to.

I don't see how them making money off reality TV is any different than the Kardashians or any Housewives franchise etc. All trash TV in my opinion, but if it sells, it will continue.

Esteemed Contributor

Jessa's a very pretty girl. Jinger is engaged now, BTW.

Super Contributor

Not surprised at all. She'll probably be popping out babies every few years for the next 25 years. I expect her sister Jill to be making an announcement in a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Why some people celebrate this family's ability to procreate like rabbits is beyond me.

Esteemed Contributor

http://www.starpulse.com/duggars-applying-for-public-assistance-jim-bob-counting-on-new-reality-1848...

The Duggar family's net worth is rumored to be around $3.5 million, but without a steady income coming in from their canceled reality show the family is rumored to be heading for a financial crisis.

With a load of children still at home, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar won't be able to count on God to help them rise above the scandals and financial problems. Although $3.5 million is a lot of money, it's not likely that all of it is liquid. Some of their net worth may be tied up in property or other investments that can't be easily liquidated if they need fast cash.

According to Hollywood Take, the Duggar's 'brand is quickly coming apart at the seams,' and support from fans is dwindling. The family lost a hefty income when TLC permanently took their long-running show, 19 Kids and Counting off the air in July. There is also speculation that they are no longer pulling in the big bucks for speaking engagements and product endorsements like they did before Josh Duggar's scandals ruined their wholesome family image.

*Call Tyrone*