Honored Contributor

Re: Jessa Duggar Seewald is pregnant

@JaneMarple wrote:

This thread has lost a lot of posts!

Welcome to Wayne's world.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

People have a right to their own way of life, but count me as someone who's sick of this family.  I never watched their show for more than a couple of minutes a couple of times, but it's impossible not to follow them even if you don't want to.  They're in the news everywhere.

The last straw in terms of tolerating them for me was when the matriarch was told by her doctor not to get pregnant with baby #20 but ignored the advice.  She lost the baby.  It would be none of my business, but, like everything they do, it was all over the media. 

The most troubling thing was when the son was outed as on that hook-up site and his wife was in the news as staying with him.  Again, it's her business, but if it's all over the news I have a right to an opinion.  I get a sense that they adhere to a way of thinking that doesn't give women many rights.  It's the old thing about women should obey the men that some attribute to the Bible.  That is destructive and wrong.  Every person has dignity and a right to direct her own life.  I think it's harmful when a person is told she must stay in a situation that's bad for her.  Religion and traditional values are positive forces in our society, but I don't think this reality show always shows the positive aspects of these things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always happy for the birth of a new child and hope the family enjoys this special time with a lifetime of love together.  I loved the time for myself and feel everyone is entitled to that same wonderful feeling if they wish to have a family.  Congrats to the young parents and the soon to be big brother. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

This whole family reminds me of a puppymill.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

babies = money

Honored Contributor

The entire family makes my skin crawl.

And now there is going to be more of them.

Ick.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of calling out another poster

Honored Contributor

I'm going to try this AGAIN:

Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm going to try this AGAIN:

Here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby.

I also hope mommy and baby are happy and have a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Honored Contributor

Good for her. Many women have multiple children. I see it everyday and no one puts them down for it. Jessa is a wonderful person and a good mother. Any baby who is her child will be a fortunate one. I heard she also wants to adopt children. Bravo to her!