Honored Contributor

Re: Jessa Duggar Seewald is pregnant

@Pliqueajour wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I am always happy for the birth of a new child and hope the family enjoys this special time with a lifetime of love together.  I loved the time for myself and feel everyone is entitled to that same wonderful feeling if they wish to have a family.  Congrats to the young parents and the soon to be big brother. 

Of course! I just feel bad because these young women have no choice in the matter. They are forced--forced--to have baby after baby until it kills them or they enter menopause. I have been watching the family for years, and I care about those "kids" who are now grown up. It's because I grew to care about them that I feel bad for the limitations imposed on them. 

I understand your concerns but I have no actual proof that she is or any member of that family is being forced to have children.  I just focus on the joy of the child itself.  For all I know the men just may being forced as stud machines.  That would be an interesting program.Woman Wink

We all focus on joy of a child being born but we also focus on the disturbing  world of the parents the poor little innocent child will be subjected to.😢

Pardon me I must go back and read all the posts that focused on the Joy of the Child being born.  I missed them all, my mistake. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Pliqueajour wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I am always happy for the birth of a new child and hope the family enjoys this special time with a lifetime of love together.  I loved the time for myself and feel everyone is entitled to that same wonderful feeling if they wish to have a family.  Congrats to the young parents and the soon to be big brother. 

Of course! I just feel bad because these young women have no choice in the matter. They are forced--forced--to have baby after baby until it kills them or they enter menopause. I have been watching the family for years, and I care about those "kids" who are now grown up. It's because I grew to care about them that I feel bad for the limitations imposed on them. 

I understand your concerns but I have no actual proof that she is or any member of that family is being forced to have children.  I just focus on the joy of the child itself.  For all I know the men just may being forced as stud machines.  That would be an interesting program.Woman Wink

We all focus on joy of a child being born but we also focus on the disturbing  world of the parents the poor little innocent child will be subjected to.😢

Pardon me I must go back and read all the posts that focused on the Joy of the Child being born.  I missed them all, my mistake. 

What? Everybody understands in their heart and mind the joy of new birth. Goes without saying. Putting blinders on about this creepy family is scary though imho.

Super Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

The whole Dugger clan is just a Country-Hillbilly-Buck-Toothed version

of the Kardashians.   Just a Big Ole Bag of a Nothing...but at least

the Karshasins are prettier to look at.

Are the Kardashians sexually molesting their siblings?

P.S.  The "Country-Hillbilly-Buck-Toothed" thing is pretty rude.

Or covering up the molestation or making excuses for it. Or making excuses for using hookup websites for cheating on a marriage. Disturbing to the max. It's sad now that the way the children are raised they have poor education and the kids have to raise the kids and they're ill prepared to make a living after they're adults too. Very sad.😥

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Hi there. We know from what they clearly say about their beliefs that no birth control is allowed. And, you're right that the duggar "boys" are equally trapped. The norm is early marriage and as many children as you can produce. One is happy for every child at the same time. They're nice "kids" and one would like to see them with a little choice in life. I wish them all well, and I can tell that you do, too. 

Respected Contributor

I really question whether it's good to have 19 children in this day and age.  Society is more complex than it was when we had just farms, before even the industrial age.  I agree with those who say these young marriages with children right away aren't often a good idea.  Do these couples lead lives of quiet desperation?  Do their children suffer?  Are their children well prepared for today's world?  Are the women stifled and oppressed by the notion that the man is the boss and they should just go along and put up with him even if he's listed on a hook-up web site and engaged in God knows what?

It's easy to say you think the birth of a baby is great, but I don't think that really covers what goes on in this situation.  I'm not saying that everyone who does this is a bad person.  I just think there are aspects of this way of thinking that are not healthy in the modern age.  I support religious people and traditional values, but I don't think that fully explains what we're talking about here.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't say their values are traditional.  When the parents discovered their son had molested his sisters they sent him for guidance counseling from a known adult child molester.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I wouldn't say their values are traditional.  When the parents discovered their son had molested his sisters they sent him for guidance counseling from a known adult child molester.

A child molester?  I do recall the news reports about their struggles to deal with this.  It sounds like they were trying.  I'm not sure whether they didn't deal with it for a while.  I do agree that they aren't what one would call practitioners of mainstream traditional values.  I don't want to put them down, but I don't really endorse their way of life.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

A child molester?  I do recall the news reports about their struggles to deal with this.  It sounds like they were trying.  I'm not sure whether they didn't deal with it for a while.  I do agree that they aren't what one would call practitioners of mainstream traditional values.  I don't want to put them down, but I don't really endorse their way of life.

Hi @Ms X

The parents did ignore it for while but there were also instances of inappropriate sexuality by the father in front of the kids.  The group they were a part of had several child molesters in it, including the leader whose behavior eventually became public knowledge.

Super Contributor

Child molesters are horrible enough but their son is more than a child molester. They were his sisters!!! Why is he not in jail?? I can't stand him for this!!!!
Super Contributor

The father isn't innocent either and I can't stand PHONY people who coverup and justify their horrible acts by claiming to worship and follow God! How dare they!!!