Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Arizona and our Governor, Doug Ducey, has only spoken a couple of times (our virus numbers are still low but our population is old).  He seems to have a handle on the situation but time will tell.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jersey Governor

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

Regarding some type of shelter in place order, our governor says we “aren’t there yet”. Sigh

@tucsongal @patbz I hope that us Californians will stay put even if things get worse and not flee to neighboring states like AZ.  

Respected Contributor

We are in such need of strong leadership in the midst of this global pandemic.

Thank heaven these strong governors are providing just that.

They have been the voices of reason during this tumultuous time.  Hopefully, their strength, policies, and empathy will help to get us out of this mess.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Esteemed Contributor

The Governor of  New Jersey has no way to enforce his policy.  His last speech he threatened to be aggressive against those who continue to gather but didn’t have any specifics.  People still gather in violation.   It’s chaos.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jersey Governor

[ Edited ]

Until someone figures out how to enforce "rules" against congregating or staying off the streets, it seems the effort will always be voluntary and depend on public coooperation.

Even law enforcement people are being exposed to the virus.  We need them to stay healthy and as distant from other people as possible to still maintain order in our society.

And do we want police to stuff "violators" in jail and have jails full of potentially infected people.?  

Really, this whole nationwide experience is a test case of how "lockdowns" can or won't  work for the public good.  [My opinion only]

Esteemed Contributor

I would like to see heavy fines but no action has been taken.  It’s beyond disappointing.

Honored Contributor

I wish Iowa had a good govenor instead of a sycophant.

Honored Contributor

Everyone praising the governors that are getting the most air time, do you actually live in their states?

Esteemed Contributor

Many governors and mayors are stepping up across the country. Good for them. It's not just about senators, congressmen and administration. All hands on deck.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau