Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Everyone praising the governors that are getting the most air time, do you actually live in their states?

One doesn't have to live in their state to recognize good leadership in a time of crisis.  It's especially evident if one (me) lives in a state where the governor is in denial.

I agree with you. I listen to both the New York and New Jersey governors when I can, for facts and common sense. All of our local stations have had daily Cuomo broadcasts and I see the other governor appearing more in the last day or so.

If you happen to live in a state that hasn't seen a sharp rise in cases YET, hearing these urgent but logically stated broadcasts can be eye openers.

In the tristate area, we have a different situation.  I live in NJ on the Hudson River and worked in NYC most of my life.  I'm retired but a large number of NJ residents continue to commute into NYC & many have health care providers in NY so, what affects NY affects us.  Cuomo is doing a fine job and I'm not a fan of his under "normal" conditions.  He is not a medical professional but has excellent instincts, is aggressive for his constituents and is "out there" and very hands on.  He takes the time to ride around and see people breaking social distancing rules.  The thing about Cuomo is his experience and ability to handle a crisis like this because he's done it before and the principles remain the same; there's no learning curve.  He knows exactly what resources he has, how to use them and where to get what he needs.  Having terrible conditions, he still manages to see the few positives sides to this outbreak.  Yes, he is on air more than others because he's impressive, insightful & strong and his leadership qualities are evident & those traits are pretty universal.  

Trusted Contributor

I saw one of Gov. Cuomo's speeches where he was saying we'll get through this.  We got through the 911 attacks, we got through the superstorm, we've survived blackouts etc.  Maybe it's just words but I took comfort in that.

Respected Contributor

Wonder why Mayor de Blasio is never sitting next to Gov Cuomo and answering questions at briefings during this crisis.