Honored Contributor

Re: 'Jersey Boys' Movie Opening Locally @12:01 A.M. Friday Morning

On 6/20/2014 Goldie76 said:

Die-hard fans will see this, no matter what. Those who saw the play and want to see it translated to the screen will probably want to see it, too, even if they were too young to have been active fans of the Four Seasons.

My thought when I heard that the play was being brought to the screen was that they might make it more cinema-like and not play-like. I also thought they might include some of those who wore the title of Four Season and some more activity (for want of a better word) than one saw in the play.

Who am I to second-guess the likes of Clint Eastwood? But from the start I thought he was an odd choice for director. Would much rather have had Martin Scorsese on this. I think it would have had more of a feel for the time and place, as well as the music. Monday morning quarterbacking is always so easy, isn't it? Pardon my arrogance, Mr. Eastwood. I hope you can laugh at my ideas all the way to the bank.

Eastwood is a pretty darn good director, though. Hopefully it comes out well. I would be surprised if it didn't.

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:
On 6/19/2014 Goldie76 said:

Learning of all this tragedy, I am even happier for the life that Z was able to make for herself. My parents invited her parents to our house, and that is where I met them -- perhaps twice. Who knew what would befall them?

Z, from what I understand, now has a home life built solidly on the Catholic faith, with a very strong and decent man as her husband. I met him during the final months of my mother's life when he would bring Z and their family to visit her. Z's home is beautiful, I have been told.

Thanks so much for this update, Goldie! I hope the other children also had this happy ending.

Barbara, I have no idea of their fate and was not involved in their lives. It was only Z whom I knew, really. Z and I did not discuss her siblings the last few times I saw her as we were wrapped up in my mother's final moments. I hope everyone else had a good life, too. When I see my nephew, we just have light conversation.

Respected Contributor

I saw the Broadway show but am not interested in the movie.

Super Contributor

I saw this on Broadway and it was great. My husband is a diehard fan and the Four Season CD is ALWAYS playing in his car so we will be there tonight to see the movie. It doesn't matter about the reviews, it really doesn't matter about authenticity or acting...it's about the music and the memories for those of us of a certain age that this group brings back! Our daughter gave her daddy gift cards to the theatre to go see the movie for Father's Day!

Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 jewelfool said:

I saw this on Broadway and it was great. My husband is a diehard fan and the Four Season CD is ALWAYS playing in his car so we will be there tonight to see the movie. It doesn't matter about the reviews, it really doesn't matter about authenticity or acting...it's about the music and the memories for those of us of a certain age that this group brings back! Our daughter gave her daddy gift cards to the theatre to go see the movie for Father's Day!

I am embarrassed to be back on this thread again (really, I am), but your remarks brought tears to my eyes. You expressed it all in a nutshell for so many of us. Thank you, jewel.