Honored Contributor

Re: Jerry Sandusky's Son Charged With Similar Crimes

@Noel7 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

I hate to say, I'm not surprised.  Some follow their parent's path, others take the opposite.  In this case, I would have been happier with the latter.

Very sad.

@3suwm5

That's what I was thinking, also.  One of the sons admitted Jerry had molested him, I think it was Jeffrey.

okay so this is what I was thinking when I made my previous comment. ugh. I think it has been shown that most of the time when molestation of children occurs, it is by people who they themselves were molested. 

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

His father is still claiming his innocence.  Perhaps this urge is in the "gene pool."   I attended Penn State and it is still an embarrassment in our community.

JoePa passed away prematurely (I believe) from the stress that Jerry, the father, caused.  Another one on the Megan's Law list for our town~~how sick! 

@seaBreeze

I think the Sandusky children were adopted.  But it is true that some children who have been molested grow up to repeat the behavior.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness!!!!!! This is horrible and absolutely disgusting! What a family!

I can't write what I'm really thinking but the wife/mother had to have known something!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

You are correct @Noel7 ... he was adopted.   The whole "Nurture vs. Nature" theory apparently holds true even in the Sandusky household. 

Honored Contributor

Here's a reference:

Jeffrey Sandusky, the adopted son of convicted child molester and former Penn State University football coach Jerry Sandusky, was reportedly arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a child, WISH-TV reported.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-jeffrey-sandusky-son-penn-states-jerry-charged-sexually-assaulting-boys-2...

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Here's a reference:

Jeffrey Sandusky, the adopted son of convicted child molester and former Penn State University football coach Jerry Sandusky, was reportedly arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a child, WISH-TV reported.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-jeffrey-sandusky-son-penn-states-jerry-charged-sexually-assaulting-boys-2...

I just read this story in another major newspaper, What a shameful and appalling mess!

Honored Contributor

It isn't surprising, it possible that his father or another male relative abused me.  It's possible that he observed such behavior at young age.  Maybe there's a genetic component to it.  Whatever...it's just sad.

Honored Contributor

There's a special place in Hades for these men.

Honored Contributor

Makes you wonder what went on in that household, just the thought of it makes my blood boil!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

I hate to say, I'm not surprised.  Some follow their parent's path, others take the opposite.  In this case, I would have been happier with the latter.

Very sad.

@3suwm5

That's what I was thinking, also.  One of the sons admitted Jerry had molested him, I think it was Jeffrey.

okay so this is what I was thinking when I made my previous comment. ugh. I think it has been shown that most of the time when molestation of children occurs, it is by people who they themselves were molested. 

@HappyDaze

Here are the results from a major study:

Results Among 747 males the risk of being a perpetrator was positively correlated with reported sexual abuse victim experiences. The overall rate of having been a victim was 35% for perpetrators and 11% for non-perpetrators.

Conclusions The data support the notion of a victim-to-victimiser cycle in a minority of male perpetrators but not among the female victims studied.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/179/6/482