Trusted Contributor

Re: Jerry Lewis Has Passed Away At 91

I'm glad you have nice memories of him.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde,

In Europe he was a real celebrity for his comedies. I did not know that he was not a nice person too bad🌻

Honored Contributor

Jerry Lewis seems to have been the favorite for at least 5-6 generations. His legacy is sure ti live on with future kids as well, watching his old movies and shows makes everyone happy. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Here's a trailer from Cinderfella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuVVvEig2ic

Esteemed Contributor

Another loss but he had a lot of health challenges over the years I remember reading.  I love his movies and still watch them today especially the Nutty Professor and him as Buddy Love.

Not only was he a comedic genius but his contribution to the film industry, director, and he sang.  Just a well rounded entertainer.

RIP

Honored Contributor

As a child of the 50s and 60s, I thought he was one of the funniest men alive.

In high school a group of us volunteered to work on the telethon.  It was not a pleasant experience.

I do not think the last decade has been easy for him.  May he find peace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw one of his films-- could it have been "The Bell Boy"-- with the most hilarious scene.   Just Jerry, laboriously setting up chairs in a giant, echoing, hotel meeting room or ball room or something.   It was so funny, and sort of poignant as well.  Am I remembering this right?  Please correct me or fill in about that scene if you remember it better...

It's amusing that the French have always loved him and intellectualized his work.  I wonder if they love that quality of the "unleashed imp" in a grown man?   Think of all the spontaneous and surprised laughter he has provoked!

A quirky, complex, brilliant comedian.   RIP.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

I saw one of his films-- could it have been "The Bell Boy"-- with the most hilarious scene.   Just Jerry, laboriously setting up chairs in a giant, echoing, hotel meeting room or ball room or something.   It was so funny, and sort of poignant as well.  Am I remembering this right?  Please correct me or fill in about that scene if you remember it better...

It's amusing that the French have always loved him and intellectualized his work.  I wonder if they love that quality of the "unleashed imp" in a grown man?   Think of all the spontaneous and surprised laughter he has provoked!

A quirky, complex, brilliant comedian.   RIP.

@Oznell  LOL!  I do remember this scene-he sets up one chair and keeps adjusting it (something Monk would do) and it looks like it is going to take forever to set up all the chairs

Then a few minutes later the men who sent him to do this task peek in and all the chairs are done.   LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmAFDdUFkV4

The typewriter is one of my faves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzB53YL78rE

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, Cakers, thanks!   Both are absolute classics!   He seems almost Chaplin-esque.

Esteemed Contributor

Jerry Lewis was a comedic genius -- his dad was a performer in vaudeville. It's in the genes.