Honored Contributor

Re: Jerry Lewis Has Passed Away At 91

This makes me so very sad! I loved his early movies when I was a kid (still do), and grew up with the telethon being the official end of summer for us kids, as school started the next day.

He will be greatly missed, and left us a wonderful body of work to cheer us up. 

Rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

The man has passed away and the negative responses still won't stop.  May he rest in peace.  You were the greatest in your field.  You will be missed.  

Honored Contributor

If you can't say anything nice..........he still had people who loved him.

RIP

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

So sad.

Thinking of "Jerry's Kids"  - I will always remember. 

Respected Contributor

Aww, sad to hear of his passing...may he rest in peace🌹

Honored Contributor

That is sad.  Another one that I've known via t.v. since the 50's.  So many memories.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

A comedic genius who was, by most accounts, not a very nice man. 

Hollywood was and is full of people who hate each other and love each other. It is a fact that Hollywood lives on gossip. Lucille Ball back in the day was a target of some very black journalism calling her a Communist.

Dean Martin hung with the Rat Pack, another group who were womanizers, drunks, and bar fighters. Everyone had a reputation.

My mother took my sister and I to many Martin and Lewis pictures when we were kids because they were funny and clean. I still remember seeing Artists and Models and a scene in which the boys were so broke they were sharing a bean.  They were the best team. 

I didn't know him so if he had a reputation of not being nice, it may be nothing more than gossip.  who cares? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCXc6gEpl8

Trusted Contributor

Don't know if he was a nice man, or not, but remember the work he did for MDA. I think he deserves an RIP.

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I wonder how France will honor Mr. Lewis.  He was so popular there.

I always wondered about that phenomen.  I wasn't fond of his kind of humor but I did see him in a movie years ago where he played a villian.  He was great in it...King of Comedy, I believe.  It's sad that this generation is on it's way out.   RIP Jerry Lewis

Super Contributor

Smiley Sad They are all gone except Carol.