Respected Contributor

Re: Jericho Abandons Cecil's cub, 1 dead

@NoelSeven wrote:

We can't ignore what's happening in nature.  The reason humans exist is because of a delicate balance in nature. 

If one thing is disturbed, the balance is disturbed. 

We've already been pretending we haven't disturbed the earth, and we're seeing out of control weather patterns because of that.

And what does "out of control weather patterns" have to do with this conversation???    

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

We can't ignore what's happening in nature.  The reason humans exist is because of a delicate balance in nature. 

We've already been pretending we haven't disturbed the earth, and we're seeing out of control weather patterns because of that.

And what does "out of control weather patterns" have to do with this conversation???    

Did you miss the comments about the balance of nature?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

this "process" goes on all the time with Lions and other big cats......................raven

Perhaps - but this "process" was not the natural order of things.  It involved men interfering illegally with that "process".  I don't think anyone outraged by what has happened would be having the same reaction, if had been a natural death.

@Venezia

Smiley MSN Emoticon applause 004.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I just hope the US extradites him back to Africa so he can pay for what he's done.  I also wish they would turn him loose, let the people there hunt him down and do the same thing to him as he did to Cecil.  He is one more despicable man, and I use the term man loosely.

Feed him to the lions!

You're right...  Turn him loose and let the lions take care of him...  I just want him to suffer as much as Cecil did.  He had to suffer 40 hours or so from the bow wound before this idiot of a man shot him in the head...

The Dentist bragged about his prowess at how accurate he was with his bow & arrow, that he could hit a playing card from a great distance, yet he hit Cecil in the flank.

Yeah, great shot.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Nope, I did see balance of nature statement, but you can't tell me that the death of Cecil caused "out of control weather patterns"..  If the poster did mean that, I don't buy that for a minute....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IG    With the spotlight shining on Cecil.

I'm half wondering whether he did that on purpose, so he'd have some "thrill of the hunt" chasing the poor, injured Cecil for 40 hrs.  It was such a no-contest to begin with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Nope, I did see balance of nature statement, but you can't tell me that the death of Cecil caused "out of control weather patterns"..  If the poster did mean that, I don't buy that for a minute....

I'm glad you don't buy it because I didn't say that, nor did I imply it.

The balance of nature is a lot more than how lions die.  It includes clean oceans and other sources of water where fish and other creatures live.  It includes taking care of the earth, because if we don't, it will affect all forms of life.

We are already seeing the arctic ice shelves disappear and animals in that region die off.  THAT is my point: the balance of nature includes care for the earth.  The result of not taking care of the earth includes the extreme weather patterns that were predicted years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom    With the spotlight shining on Cecil.

I'm half wondering whether he did that on purpose, so he'd have some "thrill of the hunt" chasing the poor, injured Cecil for 40 hrs.  It was such a no-contest to begin with.

@Pearlee

I wouldn't doubt it.

IMO it was a 'no contest to begin with', because Cecil was so used to and non-aggressive toward humans, he trusted them.

And that was a big mistake......huge.

Respected Contributor

Extreme weather will occur despite the actions of humans.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Extreme weather will occur despite the actions of humans.

That's an example of not paying attention to what's going on with the earth.

There are consequences to pretending everything is normal and ok.