Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy's Latest Whiz Kid!

@speedy girl 

Oh yes, there are many professional poker players.  There are also professional bridge players.   I'm not one of those.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@RetRN wrote:
He seemed tired today, I think it has to be very difficult to keep up the pace day after day. His winnings are terrific and he is really smart.

I think i recall that they shoot two or three games a day so today may have been the last of the day.  Also there were clearly several categories that he steered clear of and let the other two have them.  

He did seem a little off.  I've read they tape five shows in a day, and break for lunch between "Wednesday" and "Thursday."  Maybe he had a little indigestion or something.

Respected Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I have never heard of someone having a career of being a professional gambler. Is that a real thing?

It sounds kind of risky to me since he has a family. 

This guy is super sharp. I’m “betting” he has set him and his family up just fine. He’s not betting the rent money 

Super Contributor

I agree with previous posters who find him annoying.  He is just a little too smug for me.  I am not watching the main part of the program; but must admit I switch back for final Jeopardy!

Honored Contributor

He seemed less knowledgeable about art. I don't mind him, his humor somewhat appeals to me. Those I find annoying are the contestants who don't conceal their devices and frantically click them or wave them about.

The evening Austin Rodgers lost he had a migraine. 

Honored Contributor

He had today's game 'in the bag' before Double Jeopardy was even played.  I feel bad for the contestants that have to play against him, he's a phenomemon.  But there are categories that he tends to avoid, so I guess there's always hope those will show up.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm weird, but I find him very charming.

I think that it must be extremely tiring and stressful, even if this guy makes it seem so easy.

I hold my breath when he bets it all in Double Jeopardy. I do notice, though, that as he gets farther ahead and has a big pot, he doesn't go all out.

He's a gambling pro, so that plus his encylopediac knowledge and agile quickness puts him ahead of the pack.

Personally, I have no problem with the lack of term limits here. But I wonder what would happen if somehow he just kept going.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@gellen wrote:

I agree with previous posters who find him annoying.  He is just a little too smug for me.  I am not watching the main part of the program; but must admit I switch back for final Jeopardy!

I guess we are in the minority but I also find him a bit smug.  At first I didn't mind seeing him win but now I'm just waiting for someone to dethrone him.   I don't enjoy the show when it's all about just one person.   Those personal notes that he has to add on his final answer are just obnoxious.  I don't care to see that it's so and so's birthday.   

I was hoping that the other guy who was on Thursday night (the one who drove a wolf around DC) might be the one to bounce him out.   He started out strong and then fell along the wayside.

Respected Contributor

Making money is never annoying.😁😁😁😁
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl wrote:

@gellen wrote:

I guess we are in the minority but I also find him a bit smug.  At first I didn't mind seeing him win but now I'm just waiting for someone to dethrone him.   I don't enjoy the show when it's all about just one person.   Those personal notes that he has to add on his final answer are just obnoxious.  I don't care to see that it's so and so's birthday.   

I was hoping that the other guy who was on Thursday night (the one who drove a wolf around DC) might be the one to bounce him out.   He started out strong and then fell along the wayside.

@J Town Girl, @gellen  I’m always one who roots for the underdog.  It’s especially exciting when someone comes from behind and unexpectedly grabs the win!