Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy contestant Arthur Chu

Alex Trebek was on the V show yesterday and talked about a lot of contestants over his 30 years on this show. He doesn't have a problem with this man and said he never has had one. I don't watch the show so know little to nothing about it.

Alex did say that many people play the game differently(systems, so to speak)and some are successful and some are not. Said females play differently with their money in the game than males, generally speaking.

Also said that the highest winner over those years won $3,500,000.00, that 3 and a half million bucks. Not bad.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Back off? Then why is he even playing? You don't back off in Jeopardy!!!

Honored Contributor

""There's no crying in baseball (or Jeopardy)"" - Jimmy Dugan in ""A League of Their Own""

Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2014 hckynut said:

Alex Trebek was on the V show yesterday and talked about a lot of contestants over his 30 years on this show. He doesn't have a problem with this man and said he never has had one. I don't watch the show so know little to nothing about it.

Alex did say that many people play the game differently(systems, so to speak)and some are successful and some are not. Said females play differently with their money in the game than males, generally speaking.

Also said that the highest winner over those years won $3,500,000.00, that 3 and a half million bucks. Not bad.

I have noticed that, generally, the women contestants seem to wager more cautiously - The men are more likely to go for broke.

Honored Contributor

When I play at home I almost always go for broke! Course it's easy to do when it's not my money involved!

Frequent Contributor

It's a game!

I say 'Play on Playa'!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/27/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

""There's no crying in baseball (or Jeopardy)"" - Jimmy Dugan in ""A League of Their Own""

Good one

Trusted Contributor

On 2/27/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 2/27/2014 suzieQ4me said:
On 2/27/2014 VCamp2748 said:
On 2/26/2014 suzieQ4me said:
On 2/26/2014 VCamp2748 said:
On 2/26/2014 suzieQ4me said:

I do not agree with his "running up the score" so to speak. He could have backed off a bit toward the end yesterday and let the players who had $18,000 LESS than him have a better chance at making a bit of money. I guess the $135,000 he had accumulated was not enough, so he kept going at it fast and furious!! All this is only my opinion. He is a very smart guy, and my main complaint is just that he wasn't a good sport toward the other players. Again, just my opinion and the way I saw it.

They're all in it to win. Do you think people like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Mark Cuban & the like ever even considered "backing off" so someone else could win?

No one is talking about those billionaires, just talking about respect when you are playing a game on TV.

What does respect have to do with it? It's a game show, people put a lot of effort into getting on the show, & everyone who does become a contestant wants to win, the more the better. He's playing by the rules & he's winning. Good for him.

Just talking about showing a little human kindness. He already had the game won, he could have made us like him more by backing off a bit. No need for WW3 over a game show, I was just making a comment like everyone else. I also admire smart people and am happy for his accomplishment.

Anything can happen in a game. You don't back off so someone will think you're kind. You work to keep a wide margin so your odds for wining are greater.

The whole idea of being on a game show like Jeopardy is to win as much money as possible. He’s figured out a strategy to do just that. I say, good for him!!

Super Contributor

They have been paying attention. The Daily Doubles are in the smaller value questions tonight.

But by picking the higher value ones, he's still making more money!

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched this show lately but I will tonight. It is interesting to read how people react to big winners, negative or positive.