Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer and Sly Stallone call off divorce

My take:  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Respected Contributor

FRe: Jennifer and Sly Stallone call off divorce

Guess you never get too old to crave attention...in any form.

Honored Contributor

If the entertainment media were to ignore this marital problem, would anyone care?

Honored Contributor

He probably looked at the bottom line of the cost of divorcing her.  .  He is notoriously "thrifty" and paying alimony and dividing assets  isn't in his nature, lol!  I am glad for them if they want it to work. In my book he is till one of the sleeziest actors in Hollywood. I don't get him at all. Just me I guess

Esteemed Contributor

So, does this mean he didn't get the dog??

Respected Contributor

They probably realized that both were a bit too long in the tooth to start over again.  I also think that it was a publicity stunt just to get the public's interest.  It is funny how some people are hounded by the press and others cannot get arrested.

Honored Contributor

Oh goodie!    Maybe they will renew their vows in a big publicity splash.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi "Oh goodie!    Maybe they will renew their vows in a big publicity splash."

Do you think that she will wear white?

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Desertdi "Oh goodie!    Maybe they will renew their vows in a big publicity splash."

Do you think that she will wear white?

@lgfan    Of course...but I'm wondering if their daughters will be bridesmaids...    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are so many people starved for attention from strangers?  Okay, these two are part of the entertainment industry, and if they are not being talked about, they might feel like yesterday's news and eventually forgotten.  Then there is no work.  But if this was a crass publicity stunt, where is their personal dignity?  It is hard to be severely critical of them, though, when I really don't know the facts.  Maybe it is all good...

What upsets me, however, are things such as something I saw today in the Daily Mail.  You click on a box and all of a sudden there is a story.  Today's shocker for me was the photo of an actress/model (?) named Emily R., who was bathing in a tub with her baby boy.  Gosh, you need to get our attention so desperately that you dare to share something like that, which, personally, I found creepy?  And even if the viewer does not think the bathing situation is icky, why share such an intimate moment with the world?  

So many people lovin' themselves, taking photos and sharing them everywhere, publicizing what they are eating, etc.  So glad I was born in another era.