Honored Contributor

Jennifer Nettles - so talented

I'm becoming more and more aware of this talented woman.

She sings, she writes, she acts (she's been on Broadway and played Dolly Parton's mom in the fabulous tv movie "Coat of Many Colors"), and she designs lovely jewelry.  

I'd like to be in her shoes for a day.  (She probably has all kinds of adorable shoes, too!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jennifer Nettles - so talented

One of my favorite moments of all time at country music awards was when she sang "Stay." Brought the house down with her incredible talent.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

She is so talented and has such a great personality!

Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of hers, also!  She's amazing.

Respected Contributor

I like her. Very talented! She has hosted A Country Christmas (something along those lines) on tv the past few years, and I've really enjoyed that show. She did a song with Michael W Smith that was very good. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like her voice. She was very enjoyable as a judge/singer on the short lived reality show Duets  in 2012.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I like her voice. She was very enjoyable as a judge/singer on the short lived reality show Duets  in 2012.

@missy1 I loved that show! Jennifer Nettles, Kelly Clarkson, and John Legend. What a trio!

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

One of my favorite moments of all time at country music awards was when she sang "Stay." Brought the house down with her incredible talent.

I love this song, she makes me cry when she sings it, she is that good.

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

I love this song, she makes me cry when she sings it, she is that good.

Me, too.  She just appeared on HSN (Live from Nashville) and she sang that song.  I haven't deleted the recording because I want to listen to it again!

Honored Contributor

I thought I'd just add something else here to show she's not just talented; she's kind.

When she was touring with her duet partner (Kristian Bush) as Sugarland, they had Little Big Town opening for them.  She and Kristian noticed that Little Big Town were still using old-fashioned sound equipment and having to run wires and cables everywhere.

So they bought them new, modern sound equipment.  LBT told this in an interview to let people know just how nice Jennifer and Kristian were to other artists.

DH and I saw Sugarland and LBT in one of those concerts and they were all fabulous.  But the story just made me think even more highly of them.