Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Lawrence is Pregnant

One hundred and fifty isn't a large scale wedding especially by Hollywood standards, so I'm not sure why one would assume they didn't know everybody there or at least one of them did. 
Such weird commentary on a lovely story. She looks radiant!

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Sooner   You missed the point.

If one does not care about a thread, why take the time to open, read and respond to the subject matter?  Is your opinion of not caring relevant to any discussion of the thread?

There are many threads that do not interest me so I just pass

them by.

Of course, it is a discussion board and people can offer their opinions but a "not caring about the subject matter," in my opinion, is irrelevant.

@Mersha  In my opinion, her actions belie her words so she obviously does care about the lives of celebrities but just wants us to think she's above it all.

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Don't care about celebs' personal lives.

@ellaphant   The thread title clearly states what it is about.

Why take the time to open it and respond?

@Mersha It's a discussion board.  Opinions are the point.

I often wonder if the famous people getting married who have photo op weddings have ever met half the guests at their wedding.  

Seems more like a PR roll call to me: Part wedding, part business photo op.  

I have never been to a wedding where everyone knew everyone. Why would you expect celebrities to be different?

@10sluvr No - of course not.  I would imagine that in MOST weddings (bigger ones anyway) not everyone knows everyone.  BUT, either the bride OR the groom should know the people who are invited.  However, at the MM wedding, she of course had to invite celebrities whom she had never met (Oprah, George Clooney, etc).  That, to me, is considered a photo op, and I would expect nothing less from her.

I did not even know Jennifer Lawrence had gotten married.  Happy for her and I hope they have a wonderful family life together.

@Puppy Lips   How on earth do you know that MM never met Oprah, George Clooney, etc.?????

Maybe she meant Minnie Mouse?

I'll have y'all know I've met Minnie Mouse. I was 10. She's so approachable! Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Don't care about celebs' personal lives.

@ellaphant   The thread title clearly states what it is about.

Why take the time to open it and respond?

@Mersha It's a discussion board.  Opinions are the point.

I often wonder if the famous people getting married who have photo op weddings have ever met half the guests at their wedding.  

Seems more like a PR roll call to me: Part wedding, part business photo op.  

I have never been to a wedding where everyone knew everyone. Why would you expect celebrities to be different?

@10sluvr No - of course not.  I would imagine that in MOST weddings (bigger ones anyway) not everyone knows everyone.  BUT, either the bride OR the groom should know the people who are invited.  However, at the MM wedding, she of course had to invite celebrities whom she had never met (Oprah, George Clooney, etc).  That, to me, is considered a photo op, and I would expect nothing less from her.

I did not even know Jennifer Lawrence had gotten married.  Happy for her and I hope they have a wonderful family life together.

@Puppy Lips   How on earth do you know that MM never met Oprah, George Clooney, etc.?????

@Mersha BECAUSE I HEARD BOTH OF THEM SAY SO.  Both of them were surprised that they were even invited, especially George Clooney.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Love the overalls even more with the pink jellies💖

Jennifer-Lawrence-7.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Mersha BECAUSE I HEARD BOTH OF THEM SAY SO.  Both of them were surprised that they were even invited, especially George Clooney.

YOU actually heard them say that?  What I read is that "This is not a proper interview and more of an urban legend. If Clooney did actually say this, then Gossip Cop is confident that it was a misunderstood joke."

Why is it necessary to not tell the truth about H&M? Do you really hate them so much?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

YOU actually heard them say that?  What I read is that "This is not a proper interview and more of an urban legend. If Clooney did actually say this, then Gossip Cop is confident that it was a misunderstood joke."

Why is it necessary to not tell the truth about H&M? Do you really hate them so much?

@Sushismom Yes.  I heard both of them say that.  They were both interviewed, or spoken, separately, sometime after the wedding.  It was like a quick chat with someone, don't remember who they were talking to.  They BOTH said that they had not met Meghan Markle before the wedding.  So please don't call me a liar.  I know what I heard.

I don't hate Harry and Meghan.  They can invite whomever they want.  But someone brought up photo ops.  I think this was Meghan's way of bringing Hollywood heavy weights to the wedding, perhaps to impress people, perhaps to garner favors, who knows.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips From MSN: This story is bogus, for Prince Harry and Markle were already friends with the Clooneys before the weddingE!, a far more reputable source than Heat, says that Prince Harry made a point of introducing Markle to not just his famous family, but also his famous friends, including George Clooney. Following the wedding, People reported it was Amal Clooney who helped get Markle situated in London.

Honored Contributor

Good for them .....   I wonder how many thought to themselves well, at least she bothered to get married before having a baby.  lol  Woman LOL