Honored Contributor

Re: Jeff Bridges Diagnosed With Lymphoma

I wish him the best.

There are various types of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, some have better success rates than others.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@CANDLEQUEEN. The Jagged Edge, one of my favorite films! He is so versatile. I loved him in a comedy too, The Mirror Has Two Faces. Both of those films were from when he was at his hunkiest. He is so talented. Swoon!😍

@Pearlee , Yes I forgot about The Mirror has two faces! That was really good too.....

Respected Contributor

My sister in law had the more mild form. Easily treated with a pretty mild chemo. She passed at 80 from something totally not related. I hope he has that kind.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@CANDLEQUEEN. The Jagged Edge, one of my favorite films! He is so versatile. I loved him in a comedy too, The Mirror Has Two Faces. Both of those films were from when he was at his hunkiest. He is so talented. Swoon!😍

@Pearlee  The Mirror Has Two Faces is one of the few movies I own and never get tired of watching.

Also loved him in Starman, another favorite:  "Red light stop; green light go; yellow light go very fast."

Respected Contributor

I wish him the best.

Would be curious if Jeff has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin's lymphoma.  The latter is not as aggressive.   His Tweet sounded very positive, even using an expletive for emphasis.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

I heard this on this morning's news and felt so bad.  Love him.

Against All Odds = Amazing!

JEFF BRIDGES AGAINST ALL ODDS (1984 Stock Photo - Alamy

Respected Contributor

Hope his treatment is successful and he has a complete recovery.  Very good actor and kind person  - He's the national spokesperson for No Kid hungry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wish him the best.

Would be curious if Jeff has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin's lymphoma.  The latter is not as aggressive.   His Tweet sounded very positive, even using an expletive for emphasis.

@seaBreeze it seems when people have Hodgkins, they typically say that rather than saying they have lymphoma.

My mom had Hodgkins lymphoma and I remember when she was diagnosed her doctor told her out of all the cancers she could be diagnosed with, this was one of the better ones.  She was already in Stage 4 when she was diagnosed and went through chemo.

Unfortunately, 5 years after she went into remission, she was diagnosed with Burkitt's Lymphoma and she passed 3 months after being diagnosed.   

Honored Contributor

How about Jeff and bro Beau together in Fabulous Baker Boys, with Michelle Pfeiffer in between them, wow, what a trio!!

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I wish him the best.

@seaBreeze,  The expletive phrase is a quote from his film, The Big Lebowski.  "The Dude."  Very characteristic of him, I think.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova