Respected Contributor

Re: Jay Leno Goes 2,500 HP on 2 Wheels and the Car Rolls Over

Gee, that was smart. *eyeroll*

Esteemed Contributor

WOW!!!

Honored Contributor

Chances are, just as Funny Cars in drag racing, it was a fiberglass replica, not a heavy steel machine. The car body is the cheapest part of any race car, it is the things that make it go fast that cost the BIG BUCKS.

Funny cars running Nitro put out 10,000 to12,000 horse power, just for comparison purposes.

hckynut(john) aka Mr. Clean, during my many years of Drag Racing

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Holy cheese and crackers, that is some video!  I guess the thing that struck me was that the glass didn't shatter over the back window and that is some roll cage that must be installed in that car!

I also have to say seeing/hearing "Hemi Under Glass" really brought back memories as when I was little my dad and brother were really into muscle cars . . . Heart 

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Chances are, just as Funny Cars in drag racing, it was a fiberglass replica, not a heavy steel machine. The car body is the cheapest part of any race car, it is the things that make it go fast that cost the BIG BUCKS.

Funny cars running Nitro put out 10,000 to12,000 horse power, just for comparison purposes.

hckynut(john) aka Mr. Clean, during my many years of Drag Racing

Looked pretty metally (is that a word?) to me.   You ever race at the Bonneville Salt Flats?  We try to make it once a year anyway.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

He made it sound like it was unfixable.  Bob said..... it's going to need a new body.

Hmmm, that is what I got from that anyways......  Looks like it could be fixed to me.

Poor Bob..... important thing..... they are both ok.   Enjoyed the footage....thanks for

sharing OP.

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Anyone who watches Jay knows he loves fast cars. He went for a spin in stunt driver Bob Riggle’s Hurst Hemi Under Glass 1969 Barracuda and it rolled. He's okay and so is the driver but what a ride. And Bob is 80 years old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabX19ocJZA

Wonder how much it would cost to fix that car?  Never mind that, I wonder if its fixable.....

Honored Contributor

Gardenman and Hckynut are real Renaissance men, meaning they are well versed on a lot of subjects.  I guess I'm not really surprised to see them both on this thread.  Thank you, gentlemen.