Honored Contributor

Re: Jaqui Stafford is Going to the Queen's Funeral

It's necessary for security, it's not taking anything too far.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Good for her, she is British right?   She probably will attend the actual funeral, I'm sure she is well connected.   I do believe the security is going to be huge and hopefully it all goes well........my thing is I just don't understand why on earth these ceremonies, funerals, buriels go on for such a ridiculous amount of time.   Jeez, just bury the poor lady for pete's sake.   I don't care who you are or your position in this world, when your gone, your gone.........God rest her soul but let her go already.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't they already have memorial services? How is that different from a funeral?

I read that businesses are closed during this time. The long drawn-out procession is over the top IMO. Lower flags to half mast, have the funeral then go on. The Queen has already been honored in many ways, there is no need to draw this out for weeks. I know the British like ceremony, but let her rest already. Enough is enough. 

I know this opinion isn't popular, just writing my thoughts. Agree or disagree as you wish. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

We will never know because, unlike some people, Jaqui Stafford is not going to give out any private information that happened at the funeral.
Honored Contributor

Some how I don't believe she's part of the 2000 invited to the funeral. I think she's going home to England "for the funeral" because it's such a historic time, she wants to be there.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Some how I don't believe she's part of the 2000 invited to the funeral. I think she's going home to England "for the funeral" because it's such a historic time, she wants to be there.  

Maybe she will be one of the many that will stand in the street @Caaareful Shopper .  Maybe she'll post a picture on FB.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Maybe she will be one of the many that will stand in the street @Caaareful Shopper .  Maybe she'll post a picture on FB.

@San Antonio Gal   I hope she does, especially since she mentioned it on her own (she wasn't asked on air about it). 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe she plans to stand outside with the mob and watch on TV?

As a side note:  I heard on the news that all air traffic from Heathrow will be halted during the services so there wil! 

be no noise.  Methinks they're carrying this too far.

@Kachina624 

I don't think that is the reason they are stopping air traffic, but I digress.

Super Contributor

There will be 500 world leaders there. They are being asked to take buses to the funeral. This would make an attack from the sky very frightening. Why wouldn't they stop the air traffic from Heathrow. It sounds very reasonable to me regardless of the reason we are given.
Honored Contributor

"Two thousand seats"?  sounds like bleachers indeed.