Honored Contributor

Re: January's Birds Nest - Welcoming 2015 and Friends Old and New

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

What pretty bird pictures - as usual - you ladies do such a good job on that.

This morning - late morning - had to take Stripes to the Vet. He and come critter had a run in in HIS carport and he suffered a bit. His right rea leg is really sore and he wants to be left alone. They gave him a pain shot and antibiotic to take. He has done NOTHING but sleep since last night and he does NOT like to use litter boxes to diddle. His original independence shows through on that. Am saying a prayer I can get him out from under my bed for his meds and will put him in the litter box and say a prayer. LOL. Poor soul, he obviously does not feel well but I cannot put him outside - it is freezing right now

Must wash some clothes tomorrow morning - I usually do that on Thursday mornings but am running behind in a lot of things.

Got my car back late today that was stolen exactly a month ago - it needed a lot of work and a lot of cleaning but at last I got it back. Took a bit of doing to clean it out - primarily the odor - it was full of pot and cigarette tobacco. I have COPD so they really had to clean it. Also the cleaning solution gave me a bad time driving home so had to open the windows. Sure hope that odor dissapates quickly.

Hope all have a great day tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Winifred, I sure hope Stripes is feeling better by tomorrow. Poor baby. I wonder what he got into a tussle with~~ Do you have raccoons? Maybe it was just another cat. Give Stripes a nice petting from me. He's really a sweetheart underneath all that 'macho' stuff. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I didn't realize that your car had been stolen last month. What a hassle that must have been for you. I just don't get people taking stuff from others. I know it's been going on for millenniums, but why can't thugs like that go get a job and buy their own things. I am glad they were able to clean it up for you. Maybe if you can get it under cover in a secure place leaving the windows down a bit might help get rid of the chemical residue or odors so you don't damage your lungs more.

Take good care and get rest when you can. I worry about you, it's the 'mother hen' in me.Smile

This handsome guy with his teeny mustache. | 39 Overly Adorable Kittens To Brighten Your Day

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Am so upset over my car and have been but do understand one thing, nothing I can do about it. I do not have an enclosed garage - many times I wish I did but have also learned something else. Someone wants to steal something, they will do it. Am a bit nervous however as I did not get the extra key back so there is still that key out there. But then, crooks do not need the keys of any car, they use special keys which can unlock any car and start any car. I learned the lesson about stealing some time back when I had my home broken into - it was so personal to go through that experience and that has changed my life forever and for the first 6 months or so following that I was paranoid - kept windows closed and covered - just horrible. Even now I lose it when those staying with me go in and out and leave the doors unlocked - it scares me to death. A deputy told me then - and I have not forgotten it - there is nothing you can do to stop anyone from breaking into your home and or stealing anything - you can simply slow them down but cannot stop them. So very true.

Have no clue what Stripes tackled with, probably another cat but there is an occasional possum here but doubt they are fast enough to harm him and once in a while a raccoon shows up - very rare these days. We are right next to a Wash. It does not have the critter traffic it once did but occasionally something comes through there. Coyotes use to be very common and even a couple years ago there was a red fox charging through. In years past, deer would come down from the hills and snakes were abundant. Am glad they have mostly disappeared as rattlers were quite common. They scare the whim whams out of me.

Am slow in starting to wash - only because I plan to hang them out instead of using the dryer. It is sooooooooooo cold but once daylight comes, they will dry on the line with the sun shining. May be cold but it works. LOL. It takes the house a long time to half way warm up so am sitting here with a blanket around me. I spilled something on my slanket so it is in the wash and not on my back. Suppose to start warming up but the experts say our nights will remain colder than our norms. Interesting in our nights here have always been cool - for the most part. Even in the summer with temps over 100, rarely were our nights warm, usually slept under covers. All the years I worked in Palm Springs and just moved about doing anything in hot weather there was always a jacket in the trunk of my car year round. During school football games in that suffering hot weather by nightfall we were cold. Cold is good at nights in high temps. LOL. And of course the older I get - and that is going some, the cold bothers me a lot more as does the heat and high humidity.

I will probably put a roast in the slow cooker and we have tons of black eyed peas left so I may freeze them as they freeze very well and I can use them later for a meal - have enough left as I usually make far more than I need just for that purpose. Will fix mashed taters and have perhaps green beans and sliced tomatoes as go withs.

Have a great day everyone.