Trusted Contributor

Jane T just said "We are back up"

I was just able to place my order.  Of course I had to take a wait list.  My original attempt was made the instant I saw the necklace and according to Amy all choices were available but I found the system was down.  Kept trying on tablet and phone same time. Heard Amy say last call.  Finally got a representative who said her systems were down and she couldn't get my order submitted.  

If all systems were down how did they sell out????????

Contributor

Re: Jane T just said "We are back up"

It is NOT fully up and functional yet...by the time you get to the "Payment Options" page, any EZ Pay options disappear and the choices you usually get on this page are not there. If you keep going, it appears that the entire charge will be applied to the card. This is very frustrating indeed!!!!!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

The drop-down "Shop QVC TV" menu is back and functional.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lost all faith in QVC's computer system after this.  If they can't handle their web site, I don't trust them to handle secure orders.  I'm done.  You can find 99% of what they offer on other sites for the same, most times cheaper prices, with free shipping.  They peed in their own post-toasties as far as I'm concerned.  They should have waited to launch two new channels until they learned how to run the web site for one channel.

Honored Contributor

Id like to know how they managed to take orders and sell. Out of items when the computers were down? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Hmmm . . . I wondered why Pat kept repeating their phone number every three minutes on Josie Maran's show.  They hardly ever recommend calling.

Now I know . . . the system was down.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Yes....back up until they fail again....it is never ending for QVC.  They fix everything with duck tape.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila4Now wrote:

I have lost all faith in QVC's computer system after this.  If they can't handle their web site, I don't trust them to handle secure orders.  I'm done.  You can find 99% of what they offer on other sites for the same, most times cheaper prices, with free shipping.  They peed in their own post-toasties as far as I'm concerned.  They should have waited to launch two new channels until they learned how to run the web site for one channel.

@Lila4Now wrote:

-----------------

Agree... but you'd think that after 30 + years....

someone down there would be able to manage a web site correctly!!!!  

I called and after three hangups...got an operator who told me that she could take my order by writing it down. Then would enter it into the computer after it was up!!  I declined!!

Honored Contributor

I put QVC's future right up there with Sears and JCPenney......antiquated and doomed for failure....can not keep up.