Respected Contributor

interesting that she is now talking about the work she has had done in the HBO "documentary,", wishing she could live with the natural aging process and didn't want to lift and tuck,  when she got all in a huff about the subject with Megyn Kelly a while back.  it seems like she has come to terms with herself.  she is a creature of Hollywood, after all.

Honored Contributor

I have  seen good pictures of her... and not so good pictures. In the closeups  of her face you can see the obvious work done and  what can not be hidden... just plain ol aging of the skin.  But my goodness for 80 she looks amazing!!!

She is fabulous for 80. How did  women 80 years old look 50 years ago? Not as good as Jane does.

Beyond all the plastic surgery, Jane  takes great care of herself( not something you can just fix with surgery...) and it does show in how she carries herself and her posture at  80.  She actually has a better body than much younger women!

Bravo to Jane for showing that a woman at 80 can be strong and vibrant.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Jane does look good. I've always thought she was pretty. I read in a health magazine that she's had her hip and knees replaced and is on meds to control the pain she still has. However she seems to be doing well.

@colliemom4 Jane Fonda was on The View today, she made mention she is having hip replacement surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have  seen good pictures of her... and not so good pictures. In the closeups  of her face you can see the obvious work done and  what can not be hidden... just plain ol aging of the skin.  But my goodness for 80 she looks amazing!!!

She is fabulous for 80. How did  women 80 years old look 50 years ago? Not as good as Jane does.

Beyond all the plastic surgery, Jane  takes great care of herself( not something you can just fix with surgery...) and it does show in how she carries herself and her posture at  80.  She actually has a better body than much younger women!

Bravo to Jane for showing that a woman at 80 can be strong and vibrant.

I,m 82 and still do her tapes the latest ones.  Just finished her zumba this morning after my two mile walk.

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Too bad she wants to wait to retire.  What does she do anyway.  She should walk gently into the sunset and maybe appear on red carpet events.

@tobes- “what does she do anyway”?  

She has a hit show on Netflix, Grace and Frankie.  Has been on for multiple seasons. Was in a popular movie this summer.  Also recently in a movie with Robert Redford. And a host of other things. If I’m fortunate enough to live till 80, I’ll be happy if I can make it out of the recliner every day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Well I am almost 80.  Just retired from my job two years ago.  Don't have a recliner as I am on the go quite often.  80 is the new 60 I think

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised to read that "The View" is still on.  I thought that died a painful death a while back.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm surprised to read that "The View" is still on.  I thought that died a painful death a while back.

nope.....season 22 and still going strong.

it has been having some of its best ratings in a while during the past two years!

rarely miss it, even when i am at work.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Well I am almost 80.  Just retired from my job two years ago.  Don't have a recliner as I am on the go quite often.  80 is the new 60 I think

So why the snarky comment about Jane Fonda continuing to work?  Clearly, a lot of people are glad she hasn't  "walked into the sunset".  Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

I think it's sad that women even at 80 are still judged by and held acccountable for their looks.  

By other women.  Men are far more accepting of women as people that many women are as we age sometimes. It's really women that hold up the mirror to themselves and others often.