Respected Contributor

Jan 2016 snow is as cold like dry ice in Michigan, how can that be?

I have two bird feeders outside my window and as I was refilling them I cleared away the snow I never felt snow that cold instantly...  it reminded me of dry ice it was that cold.

My fingers for those few second of touch seem like frost bite was setting.I been around cold winters all of my life never felt something that cold that quick.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jan 2016 snow is as cold like dry ice in Michigan, how can that be?

It  is definitely COLD out there!   I'm not ready for this!!!! ARGH!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Northern MI and for a January snow, it's not thar bad.

We got about 6" and it stopped with a peek of sun. Low 20's but the winds are gusty.

Respected Contributor

-5 at my house in MN with the wind feels like -25.....staying in. It was 30 degrees here 4 days ago eeekkk!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

There is not that much snow on the grow a few inches but it is cold then freezer ice. 

I am going to check into thermal wear, I always just layered up, never felt the need for warmer clothing.  If I could get away with a winter vest and layers I was a happy camper.

Respected Contributor

@javala wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

There is not that much snow on the grow a few inches but it is cold then freezer ice. 

I am going to check into thermal wear, I always just layered up, never felt the need for warmer clothing.  If I could get away with a winter vest and layers I was a happy camper.

I always layer up - wear 2 tops and pants, especially if I'm going to be outside.  My house I keep cold, so I always have layers on and blankets ready.  I put plastic on my windows this year and it has made a huge change in the heating. 

Honored Contributor

I am in southern WV, where it is cold and snowy.   We started the morning with rain, but instead of the rain continuing thru the day as predicted, our temperature has steadily dropped, changing the rain to snow, hours earlier than expected.   It is currently snowing at a rate where it will stick and accumulate.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in N Michigan and it's 18 with wind chill of 5. It's still snowing and blowing here, no sign of the sun. Colder and more snow predicted for the next few days. The weatherman is probably right.

Update. Cars in ditches, power outages and early school closings.  Yep, winter in Michigan. 

Super Contributor

I am in Central Lower Michigan and we got over a foot of snow last night & more coming down all day.  The temp. is 17, windchill 0.  Staying inside and watching the Packer game.