Trusted Contributor

Re: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Died 25 Years Ago Today

@golding76,

I've been to Hydra!  One of our school trips, several years ago, was to Greece.  We took a ferry to 3 islands, Hydra being one, can't remember the other 2.  It was beautiful!

Would love to see Greece one more time.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

roe,

I bet the island was Aegina.  It is the first stop on that tour.

Were the names of the islands you visited Aegina, Poros and Hydra?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were two things that I noticed on my day trip to Hydra, having come in from Spetses.

The beaches, although beautiful, were horribly uncomfortable.  No sand -- just small pebbles to make your way over and recline upon.  The second, I had better not write here. 

Honored Contributor

Loved Corfu, but I don't recall the names of the other two or three islands.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hydra:

Image result for hydra greece

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somertime,

I wanted to write back to you after reading your great appreciation of Greek food and merrymaking.  

If I recall correctly, I have eaten at Greek restaurants in Astoria two times.  The first time was with my husband in the 1970s, but I do not remember where we ate.  The second time was about nine years ago.  Some of us from our FAA office in the D.C. area traveled to NYC to receive awards from the Eastern Region FAA.

One night, we ate at Stamati's in Astoria.  Really delicious food.

As for my dancing nights away, I did that only in Greece, sad to say.  Yes, they break the dishes around you as you dance, and a man comes along with a broom and quickly removes the shards.  However, one time my sister-in-law cut her foot as we danced together and appreciative onlookers threw plates around our feet. 

Dancing and Plate-Smashing Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BHqwUsv9sQ

Honored Contributor

Don't you love the variety of colors of houses in Europe/Greece/other places in the world?

I'd like to see more colorful houses in certain areas.......maybe on hilly areas in cities and larger towns.

In my area, not too many enjoy colorful homes. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).