Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales has left QVC

[ Edited ]

I love Jacque. I'm sorry to see her go. One of the hosts made a remark when I was watching a few days ago that was blurted out accidently. It wasn't appropriate, bug I can't remember what the remark was and I can't remember who said it. I do remember thinking that I hope they don't  fire her. It's hard to be perfect on air. People often say things they don't mean. I hope this didn't happen to Jacque. I'll miss her. 

Occasional Contributor

Didn't this happen with Albany? Sorry to see her go
Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan

Kathy was also my favorite. She didn't sell, sell, sell. She was more indirect and very humorous. You felt like she was ur friend -- great personality. Plus - she spoke slowly and clearly. Honestly, I can't tell some of the newer hosts apart - don't they all look alike?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@NYC Susan

Kathy was also my favorite. She didn't sell, sell, sell. She was more indirect and very humorous. You felt like she was ur friend -- great personality. Plus - she spoke slowly and clearly. Honestly, I can't tell some of the newer hosts apart - don't they all look alike?

It's so funny that you say that.  I nearly included the same thought in my post.  In the last few years, I've often had trouble telling some of them apart!

Kathy was entertaining, and she also spoke in a conversational style.  Clearly she was there to sell, but she wasn't aggressive or in-your-face about it.  And I loved her sense of humor.  She always struck the perfect balance.  Even if I wasn't at all interested in what she was presenting, I still enjoyed watching her.

Honored Contributor

I truly hope QVC has paid much more attention to new hosts' voices, speaking patterns and style.

There's one current voice that is like fingernails on a chalkboard, and add the cartoon noises and whistles every now and then -- I quickly turn the channel.  Another host talks so fast and mumbles through her presentations, but makes sure she keeps looking at the monitor to see if she still looks cute. It doesn't matter that they were in TV news shows prior to QVC, they aren't still there now for a reason.

I know not every host will sell the way we universally want them to sell, or speak, or behave.  Everyone is thankfully different.   I just think there should be some elementary guidelines for hiring hosts, and sometimes I just wonder.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I truly hope QVC has paid much more attention to new hosts' voices, speaking patterns and style.

There's one current voice that is like fingernails on a chalkboard, and add the cartoon noises and whistles every now and then -- I quickly turn the channel.  Another host talks so fast and mumbles through her presentations, but makes sure she keeps looking at the monitor to see if she still looks cute. It doesn't matter that they were in TV news shows prior to QVC, they aren't still there now for a reason.

I know not every host will sell the way we universally want them to sell, or speak, or behave.  Everyone is thankfully different.   I just think there should be some elementary guidelines for hiring hosts, and sometimes I just wonder.

I have said it on here many times, but I think this should be #1 when applying, a pleasant VOICE.  I turn it off or mute the TV because of the hosts voice.

New Contributor

Thank you, Jacque for your years of service to us all.  You are a bright light and will be missed but I am so happy we connect on Facebook.

I will miss you on the Q.  On to bigger and better xxx

Sending blessings honey oxo Rosanne

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

I retired early from my job of 28 years for personal reasons. I gave a month's notice, and spent that time working very hard at training . I specifically asked that there be no fanfare, party, and the like. So, it is possible for someone to want to leave a job quietly. That is all. 

Your story sounds exactly like mine.    I retired early because I just wanted to have more time at home.   I also gave a months notice and spent the time training my replacement.  

Like you, I also told my boss that I didn't want any party.    I'm a quiet person to begin with and any fanfare would have made me uncomfortable.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes people don't want any fanfare.

I left a job once and no one knew, except of course those who needed to know (HR, the dept. manager).  I gave one month's notice.

I just didn't want a lot made of it. 

I wasn't let go.  I was doing well in my job and could have had a long career there.

I was ready for a change, and I didn't feel like doing a lot of explaining to people.

So, I finished out my week on a Friday, left, and that was it.

The type of job I had was one where I didn't have to clean out a desk or work area, so that was easy.

Not everyone likes a big "to do" made out of things.  They just want to quietly move on.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero