Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales has left QVC

[ Edited ]

Deleted post!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Wish her luck.  I always thought she had the most beautiful skin.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I agree, @Kachina624. Very abrupt leavings are generally not voluntary.

There are many changes going on at the Q right now, with Q2 and the Beauty channel. Some hosts may not like what they're being asked to do.

Jacque tells the story of how when she expressed she wished to be a Q host, everyone told her, "no", she could never do that. Jacque was particularly proud she managed to acquire the position she wished.

My sense is Jacque was unhappy with something or other and left abruptly.

She took quite a bit of time off last year, I really don't remember why but I had the sense that it was personal.  It may be personal again now.... but on the other hand I agree that sudden departures are rarely voluntary.

After watching Jacque over the years and when she returned, something was just off about her. There was something different.

You know large companies change and employees are expected to make adjustments accordingly whether they like the changes or not.

Sales pressures are on at this time. Hosts are nervous. Many others would like their jobs, younger, prettier, aggressive sales women. Any kind of sales is tough.

I hope her husband does well and they don't suffer a hardship. Although families automatically live on two-persons salaries.

I wish for Jacque as one door closes, a better one opens....

@febe1  Jacque always struck me as being very high strung.  I agree something seemed a bit "off" with her recently.

Most of the hosts, including Jacque, relocated to work in the Philly area.  I can say it's a world apart from Albuquerque from experience in both places.  Philly is a large market so maybe she can find work in the area if she wants it.  This will be hard on her family. 

Yes, the ability to adjust to change and "go with the flow" is very important in the corporate world.  I just wonder if the hosts consider it beneath them to do shows on Q2 and this may be part of the problem?  I guess if Pat can do it, they all can.   Maybe they need fewer "stars" and more worker bees? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I agree, @Kachina624. Very abrupt leavings are generally not voluntary.

There are many changes going on at the Q right now, with Q2 and the Beauty channel. Some hosts may not like what they're being asked to do.

Jacque tells the story of how when she expressed she wished to be a Q host, everyone told her, "no", she could never do that. Jacque was particularly proud she managed to acquire the position she wished.

My sense is Jacque was unhappy with something or other and left abruptly.

She took quite a bit of time off last year, I really don't remember why but I had the sense that it was personal.  It may be personal again now.... but on the other hand I agree that sudden departures are rarely voluntary.

After watching Jacque over the years and when she returned, something was just off about her. There was something different.

You know large companies change and employees are expected to make adjustments accordingly whether they like the changes or not.

Sales pressures are on at this time. Hosts are nervous. Many others would like their jobs, younger, prettier, aggressive sales women. Any kind of sales is tough.

I hope her husband does well and they don't suffer a hardship. Although families automatically live on two-persons salaries.

I wish for Jacque as one door closes, a better one opens....

@febe1  Jacque always struck me as being very high strung.  I agree something seemed a bit "off" with her recently.

Most of the hosts, including Jacque, relocated to work in the Philly area.  I can say it's a world apart from Albuquerque from experience in both places.  Philly is a large market so maybe she can find work in the area if she wants it.  This will be hard on her family. 

Yes, the ability to adjust to change and "go with the flow" is very important in the corporate world.  I just wonder if the hosts consider it beneath them to do shows on Q2 and this may be part of the problem?  I guess if Pat can do it, they all can.   Maybe they need fewer "stars" and more worker bees? 

@Kachina624  And you know this how?   Maybe it was continuing to work that was hard on her family. I just don't think you are privvy to the information that leads you to the conclusion you made above.   

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lol @Pearlee. It always amazes me how many people make statements as facts about people they don't know, like celebrities, hosts, vendors, etc. Not a single person here really knows anything about her life  (family, health and financial situation) and all she may or may not be dealing with and if her quiting or losing her job will affect her family in any way. And to speculate and/or make statements as if they are fact is simply just wrong and serves no purpose except to spread misinformation. SMH. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

I am very sad to see her go!😢

Respected Contributor

Since I watch late at night, I haven't seen Jacque in a long time.  I have long thought she was the most naturally pretty host they had.

I would question some of her fashion choices, since she is large busted (I am also, so it's no criticism) from time to time.  I liked her in much shorter hair also.

I started watching QVC when she was returning from her honeymoon.  I learned she had married someone who had worked there.  I remember when she had her daughter.  When she returned from maternity leave, I could not believe the change in her.  She seemed unkempt at times, a real mess.  As someone who went back to work after having a child, I never looked like that.  I never could figure out what went on, and was surprised she was let on air sometimes.

She just gave me strange vibes at times.  Not as much as Patti Reilly, but something.  Maybe it was her asthma (she mentioned it) treatments with steroids.  Since I haven't seen her recently, I don't know personally how she was.  But she was a host that seemed to bring personal issues with her.  Wish her well.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 but you know how it goes on these forums- someone posts something they "think" or speculate on and then a month from now, someone says that they remember they read on a thread that Jacque had family issues or something like that. No, what they remember is someone "speculating" that she does and it has now become "fact". I just don't understand all the speculation and guessing. What is the point? Unless the person posts why and what happened, everything else is just simply gossip and, frankly ,some of it may be hurtful. Some of the stories are just super detailed too and makes me wonder why anyone would spend that much time thinking about all past posts from that host over the years, all their time off they took,, etc and then creates this spectacular scenario of that person and their life. It is super odd, no?, being so invested in someone you don't even know, someone who sells goods on a tv channel.

So why does anyone do it when it serves no purpose? (yes, that is a rhetorical question)