Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales has left QVC

@febe1 wrote:

I agree, @Kachina624. Very abrupt leavings are generally not voluntary.

There are many changes going on at the Q right now, with Q2 and the Beauty channel. Some hosts may not like what they're being asked to do.

Jacque tells the story of how when she expressed she wished to be a Q host, everyone told her, "no", she could never do that. Jacque was particularly proud she managed to acquire the position she wished.

My sense is Jacque was unhappy with something or other and left abruptly.

She took quite a bit of time off last year, I really don't remember why but I had the sense that it was personal.  It may be personal again now.... but on the other hand I agree that sudden departures are rarely voluntary.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Delighted with this decision. She has been acting peculiarly for some time now. Won't miss her ego.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Good luck to her Woman Happy

(one less host to bash now)

@JaneMarple

Not really.  QVC just hired four or five new hosts. 

I'm sure they're graduates of Caffeine University.

@faeriemoon  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I will miss her.I loved her laugh and enjoyed listening to her presentations.I got the feeling that things have been out of sorts in her life for awhile.i hope that whatever she does will make her happy.

Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

Delighted with this decision. She has been acting peculiarly for some time now. Won't miss her ego.

If having an ego is grounds for getting the ax, there would be several hosts ahead of Jackie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

To add to Moonchild's "how cheaply can we fill that chair?" can many times be followed with "and how much more can we pay our CEO, etc.? When the "worker bees" read how much the top chairs make, it's difficult to keep motivated.
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I agree, @Kachina624. Very abrupt leavings are generally not voluntary.

There are many changes going on at the Q right now, with Q2 and the Beauty channel. Some hosts may not like what they're being asked to do.

Jacque tells the story of how when she expressed she wished to be a Q host, everyone told her, "no", she could never do that. Jacque was particularly proud she managed to acquire the position she wished.

My sense is Jacque was unhappy with something or other and left abruptly.

She took quite a bit of time off last year, I really don't remember why but I had the sense that it was personal.  It may be personal again now.... but on the other hand I agree that sudden departures are rarely voluntary.

After watching Jacque over the years and when she returned, something was just off about her. There was something different.

You know large companies change and employees are expected to make adjustments accordingly whether they like the changes or not.

Sales pressures are on at this time. Hosts are nervous. Many others would like their jobs, younger, prettier, aggressive sales women. Any kind of sales is tough.

I hope her husband does well and they don't suffer a hardship. Although families automatically live on two-persons salaries.

I wish for Jacque as one door closes, a better one opens....

Trusted Contributor

Wish her well, I never bought that low vitamin d story or that strange video she posted at the time from inside her car.

Honored Contributor

There are only two hosts I particularly "like," a small handful I detest or have no use for, and the rest are a basket o'meh for me, neither "like" nor dislike. 

I haven't paid much attention to watching Jacque (as in "oooh, Jacque's on, gotta watch!"), but I do know that she's one of the Late Night GF Cacklers, who can wake me out of a sound sleep with inappropriate cackly, giggly hysteria out of nowhere at surprise very unpleasant decibel levels. Guh, I hate that!

So no, while I have no reason to dislike her as an individual, I won't be sorry that she won't be doing that any more.

From what people are saying here, it could be she just realized she and QVC are no longer a good fit for could be many reasons - or QVC decided that she wasn't a good fit for them. Or both.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I find it extremely interesting how Jacque worded her FB announcement. "I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that today I am leaving QVC". 

Note: she does not say "I have decided" to leave. 

With her being on the air this morning with no goodbye at the end, that usually means they told her after the show that it was her last. It's so obvious. 

Jacque was always upfront with her fans and for her to mention nothing at the end of today's shows speaks volumes. At the end of the day, it's all about the sales at Q & how much a host can make for them. Being there for many years means nothing. I wish Jacque well in her future.