Honored Contributor

Re: Jacque Gonzales has left QVC

[ Edited ]

Gosh, I'm sorry she'll be missing from the host lineup.    I thought she did a good job in presenting products, interacting with vendors, other hosts, and models, and her light-hearted personality was engaging.    I agree with those who say we don't know the actual details unless the person involved chooses to disclose them...  and that's their prerogative.    As an example of jumping to the wrong conclusions, absence of a public send-off tells us diddly squat.   I once left a job I dearly loved, with co-workers who meant the world to me, at my own choosing and for completely positive reasons...  and I requested that we not have a big "farewell" bash (we had a private party, instead).   I wish her well in her new life and hope she's moving on to better things.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear that she has left. I have always thought she was one of the most professional hosts. I wish her the best.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

I didn't care for Jacque the last few years. Screeching, loud, dressing inappropriately at times, all over the place. But for those of you who are speculating that she got fired and calling out how badly employers treat people these days,

JMHO but I can't imagine her doing a show today after she was told it was her last day on the job. Companies don't usually tell their employees that they are being let go and then expect them to go back and do their jobs. Now, they may have told her a couple weeks ago and said to finish up her schedule and today would be her last day, who knows? 

Since she made a new FB page and posted a link to it and already has thousands of followers, seems like this was not done at the last minute, When Dave James left, he was on air one day and said he would be filling in for Pat the next 2 weeks while she was on vacation, then Poof! he never came back on and was gone.

She took a lot of time off for medical issues, then acted weird when she returned. I guess if she keeps everybody up to date on her future endeavors we'll have a sense of whether she was planning this for months on her own and dropped it last minute on them. 

In any case, makes no difference to me. I have no attachments to any television hosts. I prefer they just sell their wares and get off social media. I don't need to know about their personal lives if I'm interested in buying something. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Think about it.  Every host seems to have a "show" named after them, even temporarily (and presenting the same ol'products).  I cannot remember one show with Jacque as the featured host in a given time slot. Except for Katie McGee, the newest host (who is terrific!), ALL other hosts have hosted their own show, or co-hosted a show.  Perhaps this was coming for a long while.

I really liked Jacque.  I thought she was delightful.

Jacque had a show called A Host of Intimates with Jacque or something like that. It was about undergarments. So yes, she did have her own show at one time.

I stand corrected, thank you @SilleeMee.  I never saw it.

Frequent Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i wonder if she is going to go and spend more time with her mother who has alzheimers? (this is just pure speculation......)

Her Mom lives in Alaska.

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Honored Contributor

Strange...just yesterday she was talking about buying a certain Philosophy fragrance and putting it in the host lounge.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds as though it was involuntary.  The very sudden departures usually are.  She's not the type of person to leave without fanfare.  She likes everything to be all about HER. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

That's too bad!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @Kachina624. Very abrupt leavings are generally not voluntary.

There are many changes going on at the Q right now, with Q2 and the Beauty channel. Some hosts may not like what they're being asked to do.

Jacque tells the story of how when she expressed she wished to be a Q host, everyone told her, "no", she could never do that. Jacque was particularly proud she managed to acquire the position she wished.

My sense is Jacque was unhappy with something or other and left abruptly.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sad to learn this news I always enjoyed her.  I hope her health is not the issue since she struggle over the recent year.  I wish her well and will miss her.