Honored Contributor

Re: JUST SO GLAD TO BE ALIVE

@Mindy D I'm glad you're alive, you are one strong and tough woman. All of you are who lived through this.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

This nursing home is directly east of me. It's right across the street from the hospital. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Mindy D I'm glad you're alive, you are one strong and tough woman. All of you are who lived through this.

I must at that this storm can't even come close in comparison to Andrew. The devastation from Andrew was more like a nuclear blast. For me though, is that for some reason we, our household, never lost power. The last storm in which I was out of power for a couple of weeks was Wilma. Luckily, Wilma was followed by a cold front it's temperatues in the eighties and high seventies. The extreme heat is a killer here. I've been through every storm since the fifties and this is the first time I've ever let my feelings out. My thanks to all my QVC buddies and my sincere well wishes for all the storm survivors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I must say that this storm can't even come close in comparison to Andrew. The devastation from Andrew was more like a nuclear blast. For me though,  our household, never lost power after Andrew. The last storm in which I was out of power for a couple of weeks was Wilma. Luckily, Wilma was followed by a cold front with temperatues in the eighties and high seventies. The extreme heat right now is a killer here. I've been through every storm since the fifties and this is the first time I've ever let my feelings out. My thanks to all my QVC buddies and my sincere well wishes for all the storm survivors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D@Greeneyedlady21@Poodlepet2@GCR18@LolaMontez

and anyone anyone experiencing the wrath of the recent storms:

Hats off to you for your calm.

i doubt if I could have maintained the composure you all exhibited. So glad you are still with us too.

This video shows the status in Houston with a nod to future plans.

Link opens in YouTube produced by HBO

https://youtu.be/IBG6gTcW2_0

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~