Honored Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS....Your Thanksgiving Menu

@CANDLEQUEEN Thank you for choosing to social distance this Thanksgiving.  I agree that the numbers here in Wisconsin are scary and out-of-control.  Hoping that others in our state will social distance also.  Best wishes for your daughter's quick recovery, her brave efforts are recognized and appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Just Better-half, the dog and me -- as usual.

Turkey roast from our local butcher

Cranberry sauce with rosemary from the yard

Cornbread dressing with sausage, wild rice and cranberries

Steamed Brussels sprouts (cuz it's not Thanksgiving without Brussels sprouts)

Southern yam squares with oat and pecan crust 

Don't know what BH will be drinking, but I'm having wine.

Thanksgiving dinner will be today because I'm working Thursday.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN Thank you for choosing to social distance this Thanksgiving.  I agree that the numbers here in Wisconsin are scary and out-of-control.  Hoping that others in our state will social distance also.  Best wishes for your daughter's quick recovery, her brave efforts are recognized and appreciated.

@deepwaterdotter Thank you so much. So very kind of you. Yes, she is on the mend but it was a rough couple of early days! Now she is very very tired. It has been hard because she is social distancing at home, and her husband and two daughters are at his Parents Lake house.....They will get through it though, many have it much worse! Take Care, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Occasional Contributor

If you added toast to your popcorn you'd have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Sounds great!

Valued Contributor

Turkey and Ham
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Corn
Green beans
Jellied Cranberries
Deviled eggs
Rolls
Cinnamon apples
And little individual pies from Walmart so everyone can pick their flavor - pumpkin, apple, peach, cherry and pecan

What does everyone do to their green beans to make them taste less boring?
Honored Contributor

Mushroom Spread with Raincoast crackers.

Maine Lobster
Risotto with lemon zest

Respected Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Turkey and Ham
Corn
Green beans
Jellied Cranberries
Deviled eggs
Rolls
Cinnamon apples
And little individual pies from Walmart so everyone can pick their flavor - pumpkin, apple, peach, cherry and pecan

@hippiechick7897 ...that sounds delicious.  Another one of us who is also having deviled eggs.

I always get the pole beans (as we call them in the South) which are at Kroger grocery stores....the only place I can find them.  They are labelled, "Italian Green Beans" though.  They are the bigger green beans.  But, I like to cook mine in chicken broth, a little salt and pepper.  The chicken broth really makes these beans delicious.

Respected Contributor

DH makes our turkey on the grill, and I make the rest:

sausage "stuffing" (not stuffed in the turkey)

mashed potatoes

lots of gravy

mashed sweet potatoes

garlic green beans

cranberry sauce (I make regular, as well as reduced sugar for DH)

black olives, sweet gherkins

I will make a cheesecake for dessert with the meal, and I will make a pumpkin pie to enjoy with my leftovers (yum yum) over the several days after Thanksgiving (I am the only one who likes it)

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Turkey and Ham
Corn
Green beans
Jellied Cranberries
Deviled eggs
Rolls
Cinnamon apples

@hippiechick7897 ...that sounds delicious.  Another one of us who is also having deviled eggs.

I always get the pole beans (as we call them in the South) which are at Kroger grocery stores....the only place I can find them.  They are labelled, "Italian Green Beans" though.  They are the bigger green beans.  But, I like to cook mine in chicken broth, a little salt and pepper.  The chicken broth really makes these beans delicious.

i like to add sauted onion, chopped bacon, and crushed stewed tomatoes to the green beans. oh, and garlic. yum

Esteemed Contributor

Just mom and me (per usual).  This year we're making:

Turkey (boneless, skinless, apparently rebranded by Butterball as a "roast")

Acorn squash "apple pie" (weight watcher recipe I found)

Brussell sprouts (thinking about air fryer recipes I've seen)

Cranberry relish (homemade by mom)

Not sure about dessert.  Will likely run to While Foods tomorrow or Wednesday for apples so will see what they have small enough for the two of us.

As I have been doing since March, I wear a mask when visiting my mother, only taking it off when eating with her from the other side of the table.  We usually have a second Thanksgiving feast with my brother's family the weekend before or after Thanksgiving which won't be happening this year.