Respected Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS....Your Thanksgiving Menu

Everyone's menu, thus far, is so scrumptious and sounds absolutely fabulous.  

Trusted Contributor

The family has chosen not to risk gathering this year, so the menu at my house is simple. I love leftover turkey, and I scored a Trader Joe bone-in, brined, roasted whole turkey breast to reheat. Mashed potatoes with lemon might make it to the table, with maybe creamed greens, sort of in lieu of gravy. I spotted a wonderful recipe in the NYT cooking newsletter for a bread dressing with a ton of celery in it, but I don't have any leeks so I'll probably decide not to try it. And we don't really care for dessert, but I have a nice wedge of cheese and also some Frango chocolate, depending on how we feel.

There is a high probability of Champagne!

Our "main course," and I know this sounds corny but I'm looking forward to it, will be talking about the many things we appreciate. This may take a while, because there is so much when take time and really pay attention. My corollary, secret promise to myself is not to utter a single negative word all day. 

I wish everyone here a fabulous feast of appreciation and inspiration, whatever they have to eat!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prime rib roast

Caesar salad

James Arthur Vineyards 'Edelweiss' wine

Homemade candy cane ice cream (keto/low carb)

Respected Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

The family has chosen not to risk gathering this year, so the menu at my house is simple. I love leftover turkey, and I scored a Trader Joe bone-in, brined, roasted whole turkey breast to reheat. Mashed potatoes with lemon might make it to the table, with maybe creamed greens, sort of in lieu of gravy. I spotted a wonderful recipe in the NYT cooking newsletter for a bread dressing with a ton of celery in it, but I don't have any leeks so I'll probably decide not to try it. And we don't really care for dessert, but I have a nice wedge of cheese and also some Frango chocolate, depending on how we feel.

Our "main course," and I know this sounds corny but I'm looking forward to it, will be talking about the many things we appreciate. This may take a while, because there is so much when take time and really pay attention. My corollary, secret promise to myself is not to utter a single negative word all day. 

I wish everyone here a fabulous feast of appreciation and inspiration, whatever they have to eat!

@KaySD ....what a nice and thoughtful post.  Enjoy your dinner and your many blessings.  I wish for all many blessings also and for a much better 2021.  Hold your family tight, everyone, even if not in person, in thoughts and prayers.  

We are all in this together and we shall all get through this.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow, @Mz iMac , I never would have thought to put a Bearnaise sauce on salmon. That sound excellent, and nicely balanced with the spinach. 

I've noticed that a lot of the best restaurants where I live are doing their whole holiday menu for curbside pickup--things they normally would never do as takeaway. Yummy.

Respected Contributor

Just me and DH:

Turkey breast

cornbread dressing

cranberry sauce

corn pudding

mashed sweet potatoes with pecans

string bean casserole

biscuits

pumpkin pie

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Just the two of us this year, so the basics are on our menu:  turkey breast, stuffing, corn pudding, gravy, brown-and-serve rolls, and pumpkin cobbler for dessert. 

@kittykatkay Those deviled eggs sound good, so I'm making some for our meal too. 

@deepwaterdotter ....YAY!!!  I know, they are so good and we always have them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Enjoy, sweetie.

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay   Smiley LOL

I'm eating my meal in the comfort of my room at Resorts.  I do not feel comfortable eating inside the restaurants.  In N.J. occupancy for indoor dining is at 25%. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@KaySD ....what a nice and thoughtful post.  Enjoy your dinner and your many blessings.  I wish for all many blessings also and for a much better 2021.  Hold your family tight, everyone, even if not in person, in thoughts and prayers.  

We are all in this together and we shall all get through this.  

@kittykatkay 

Yes! And thank you from one "kay" to another!

Life happens one breath at a time. And, though not everyone has a family, or a feast, or even a place to cook it, everyone has a source of love inside them. I guess I'd say the "tradition" aspect of holidays does't matter as much to me as the reminder to reach for the best feelings I can. Appreciation is my starting point.

Respected Contributor

@KaySD ....so very true.