Respected Contributor

Re: JUST CURIOUS....Your Thanksgiving Menu

@Mz iMac ....I agree with staying in.  Enjoy your meal and many blessings.  

Honored Contributor

My son is doing ours since my DIL is on call this year for Thanksgiving and we cannot go to the bigger family one.  She as to alternate every year between Christmas and Thanksgiving.  He did send me a text this morning of a photo of raw chicken feet for his homemade stock.  And to bring lots of doggie bags since he as started cooking.  Not sure I will need doggie bags with that photo still in my head an hour later.  I am taking a smoked turkey, three pies, green bean casserole, cookies, and double decker fudge.  I am basically on dessert duty.  I do know there will be homemade bread he always does homemade bread even for our hamburger buns.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 ....that "photo still in your head an hour later" made me chuckle.  How nice your son is making dinner and of course mother has to help now, lol.  Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

It's just three of us.

Turkey

Stuffing

homemade cranberry sauce (will try the recipe posted here)

gravy

yams & squash

a green vegetable (still to be determined)

apple pie

mixed berry pie

Valued Contributor

I am lucky - DH always does Thanksgiving!

Just the two of us this year - 

Turkey 

Homemade Dressing with sausage

Mashed potatoes with gravy

I will make cranberry sauce.

I'm not making sweet potatoes as we've had them several times lately.  DH doesn't really care about the vegetables!  No rolls, either.  We don't need the extra carbs.  

I did buy a cherry pie from the bakery.  I usually make pumpkin or apple but we've also had them recently.

**Every Thanksgiving doesn't have to be the same.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@kittykatkay   Smiley LOL

I'm eating my meal in the comfort of my room at Resorts.  I do not feel comfortable eating inside the restaurants.  In N.J. occupancy for indoor dining is at 25%. 

@Mz iMac My brother worked at Resorts for many years back in the 1980s.  He was a bartender back then...wonder how much it's changed since those days...

Respected Contributor

Is anyone else making deviled eggs besides me and @deepwaterdotter ?????  Come on, you know they are delicious!

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Sautéed shrimp, scallops, possibly stone crab. Whatever looks good when I go to the fish market early Wednesday morning. Field greens with the usual salad veggies and a vinaigrette dressing. Sauvignon Blanc to drink.

I absolutely detest just about everything on the traditional thanksgiving day menu. 

@FrostyBabe1  me too. This is our third year doing Mexican. 

Tamales

Chile rellenos

Refried beans

Pico

Guacamole

Pumpkin chiffon pie

Super Contributor

Wont cook a turkey till all our family can be here..so DH and I are having

Porterhouse steaks with bluecheese butter

Coconut shrimp

Baked Potato

creamed spinach

and Key lime pie

Honored Contributor

Very small this year; just five of us so I am cutting back quite a bit.

Turkey, sausage stuffing, roasted sweet potatoes with maple syrup and pecans, green bean casserole (the home made kind), cranberry/orange relish.  Possibly a salad, but I will be the only one who eats it LOL.

For appetizers, I will make shrimp cocktail and a caprese salad.

Generally, there are multiple desserts to choose from but this year I am making only one because I don't want the leftovers.  So I am deciding what I will morph my pumpkin (cans) into.  Maybe a pie, maybe a trifle, maybe a cheesecake.....  Still thinking.