Honored Contributor

JULIAN LENNON WINS 2021 WORLD LITERACY AWARD

Julian Lennon, son of Beatle John and his 1st wife Cynthia, has won the 2021 World Literacy Award presented by the World Literacy Foundation for the Julian Lennon World Literacy Foundation's outstanding  contribution to literacy.  The World Foundation commented that Julian's mother and father would be very proud of him (as would Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 😄). 

Source: FB

@Witchy Woman  @GrailSeeker 

Honored Contributor

Re: JULIAN LENNON WINS 2021 WORLD LITERACY AWARD

I don't know anything about the John Lennon World Literacy Foundation but this sounds like a set up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what he did to win this award would need more information. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know anything about the John Lennon World Literacy Foundation but this sounds like a set up. 

Always a negative, "downer" comment.  ☹

Honored Contributor

He's long since disappeared from the world, it seems like. I was startled seeing his name.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps Julian should finally teach 79 yr old Sir Paul ❤

how to "read" music, although Paul has done OK for himself without knowing how. 😄

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Julian Lennon, son of Beatle John and his 1st wife Cynthia, has won the 2021 World Literacy Award presented by the World Literacy Foundation for the Julian Lennon World Literacy Foundation's outstanding  contribution to literacy.  The World Foundation commented that Julian's mother and father would be very proud of him (as would Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 😄). 

Source: FB

@Witchy Woman  @GrailSeeker 

@Pearlee   The confusion comes from your post-it reads as though it is the Julian Lennon World Literacy foundation that gave Julian, himself, the award.

I know I'll get kicked for this one but so be it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3   The World Literacy Foundation awarded Julian Lennon the World Literacy Award for his outstanding work with promoting literacy through his White Feather Foundation. It is quite an honor but the wording of the original post was a little confusing. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Cakers3   The World Literacy Foundation awarded Julian Lennon the World Literacy Award for his outstanding work with promoting literacy through his White Feather Foundation. It is quite an honor but the wording of the original post was a little confusing. 

@50Mickey   Yes.  I took a double take at the wording and realized what the OP meant to say.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I doubt John Lennon would be proud of him. As far as I'm aware, he didn't treat Julian well during his lifetime.