Honored Contributor

Re: JULIAN LENNON WINS 2021 WORLD LITERACY AWARD

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know anything about the John Lennon World Literacy Foundation but this sounds like a set up. 

Always a negative, "downer" comment.  ☹

@Pearlee   Since you started the thread for some reason (?) and apparently consider yourself an "expert" what do you think?  I'd say I came to the logical conslusion considering the donor vs. the recipient.  Or is the purpose of your thread just to make your usual snarky remarks? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

I doubt John Lennon would be proud of him. As far as I'm aware, he didn't treat Julian well during his lifetime. 

@Sushismom   Nor Cynthia (meaning John was not nice to Cynthia, too.)

At least Yoko finally included Julian in her life years after John's death but I think Julian held up well on his own despite being pushed aside all those years.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I was never a Lennon fan and also heard he pretty much disregarded Julian.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee What was the contribution?  I hope not $$$$...or that might not be too bad thing.

@Pearlee wrote:

Julian Lennon, son of Beatle John and his 1st wife Cynthia, has won the 2021 World Literacy Award presented by the World Literacy Foundation for the Julian Lennon World Literacy Foundation's outstanding  contribution to literacy.  The World Foundation commented that Julian's mother and father would be very proud of him (as would Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 😄). 

Source: FB

@Witchy Woman  @GrailSeeker 

Honored Contributor

Julian Lennon: Profile

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Pearlee What was the contribution?  I hope not $$$$...or that might not be too bad thing.

@Pearlee wrote:

Julian Lennon, son of Beatle John and his 1st wife Cynthia, has won the 2021 World Literacy Award presented by the World Literacy Foundation for the Julian Lennon World Literacy Foundation's outstanding  contribution to literacy.  The World Foundation commented that Julian's mother and father would be very proud of him (as would Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds 😄). 

Source: FB

@Witchy Woman  @GrailSeeker 

@phoenixbrd   The short article I read on FB didn't say.

Respected Contributor

Julian is a children's book author and received his reward for his work in that field and the founding of the White Feather Foundation. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't think there's any more difficult role in the world than being the son of a rich and famous man.  I've always had a special place in my heart for Julian Lennon.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Julian Lennon: Profile

John must have had strong genes. Both his sons strongly resemble him.

Trusted Contributor

Good for him, I always felt sorry for him, he hasn't had it easy. He seems to be a good person, he treated his Mother quite well as far as I know.